DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

Jerome Corsie likens Stone to a mafia boss with his tactics.  Not surprising. the whole Trump teams seems to be a mafia operation.

I happened to meet Jerome Corisie at an event in Okla many years ago - when the Tea Party movement was just starting.  His conspiracy

story then was the North American Union, NAU currency being developed and the NAFTA super highway was going to be built from Mexico

to Kansas City.   

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/jerome-corsi-claims-roger-stone-tried-to-give-him-heart-attacks-in-defamation-lawsuit

Manafort appears to have lied in order to obtain more favor with Trump to get a pardon.

So he digs himself a deeper hole, trusting Trump will still be in office to pardon him.  I wonder if there was

any outside influence to get him to lie.  Influences tied back to the WH.

https://www.vox.com/2019/2/8/18216851/mueller-manafort-trump-russia-transcript-hearing

Special counsel Robert Mueller’s team thinks Paul Manafort lied to them while he was supposedly cooperating with prosecutors in the Trump-Russia probe — and that Manafort may well have been trying to get Trump to pardon him.

Mueller’s prosecutors made these arguments during a sealed hearing on Monday, February 4. A partially redacted transcript of that hearing has now been posted by CNN, and it reveals new details on the special counsel’s thinking.

For instance: While chairing the Trump campaign, Manafort secretly met with his longtime Russian associate, Konstantin Kilimnik. Prosecutor Andrew Weissmann said the FBI thinks Kilimnik “has a relationship with Russian intelligence.” So, he said, the meeting goes “very much to the heart of what the Special Counsel’s Office is investigating” — namely, the Trump campaign’s potential connections to the Russian government.

Why would Manafort lie after agreeing to cooperate? Prosecutor Andrew Weissmann even brought up the elephant in the room — and said Manafort could be motivated to try and “augment his chances for a pardon.”

Manafort’s attorneys argued that he didn’t deliberately lie, but rather there was a combination of memory failures and mix-ups from Manafort, and misunderstandings from the special counsel’s team.

But the special counsel’s office didn’t buy it. “Probably most important was the number of instances” that this problem came up, Weissmann said. “What are the odds that all of this was a mistake?”

There's just more and more information that comes out about this. But the silence from the Trump supporters in response to all of this is the most deafening of information. 

Then again, if I'm complicit in electing a traitor, and that truth was coming out, I suppose I could see how one would start seeing facts as a liberal agenda to avoid the truth. :dunno

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1

Trump's former lawyer:

The veteran criminal defense attorney who headed President Donald Trump's legal team during a crucial stretch of the special counsel investigation believes the entire affair will end in silence from special counsel Robert Mueller, and called the massive two-year probe into Russian interference in the 2016 campaign “a terrible waste of time.”

“I don't think there'll be a report,” John Dowd told ABC News in a wide-ranging interview for the premiere episode of "The Investigation," a new podcast focused on the probe led by special counsel Robert Mueller. “I will be shocked if anything regarding the president is made public, other than ‘We're done.’”

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-lawyer-slams-mueller-probe-maintains-president-cleared/story?id=60967234