DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

Here's another thing about this change of mantra from Trump supporters.  They are now claiming, "well, we all knew he wasn't meaning what he was saying." And " Years ago, he was just playing the game living in a "D" town".

That entire mantra does nothing but proves he is willing to just say whatever he needs to to benefit HIM.  You care about gun rights?  He doesn't, as long as what he says benefits him.  You anti-Abortion?  He's not if it benefits him.  You care about illegal immigration?  He doesn't, if it benefits HIM. 

It absolutely amazes me how powerful that R is beside his name.  People are now claiming they KNEW he was lying the entire time and they LOVE him for it.

What a time to be alive.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Here's another thing about this change of mantra from Trump supporters.  They are now claiming, "well, we all knew he wasn't meaning what he was saying." And " Years ago, he was just playing the game living in a "D" town".

That entire mantra does nothing but proves he is willing to just say whatever he needs to to benefit HIM.  You care about gun rights?  He doesn't, as long as what he says benefits him.  You anti-Abortion?  He's not if it benefits him.  You care about illegal immigration?  He doesn't, if it benefits HIM. 

Yeah, let's not forget that @Notre Dame Joe just willfully admitted he likes Trump because he's principled, and then Joe explained to us that Trump's only principle is playing the game to get out ahead for himself. 

How a coastal elite billionaire adulterer and swindler was able to con the majority of good blue collar working Nebraskans and the like across the country is insane and tragic. He's using you the same way you think the Democrats use black people. 

• Plus1 3

14 hours ago, Moiraine said:

This is pure lunacy, and it is what is wrong with politics. The reason why for you even though you won't admit it is because Trump ran with an R by his name. Clinton is no more fake or a liar than Trump, and she's actually quite a bit less of a liar than Trump is. I find her to be extremely fake (but not moreso than Trump) but the incidence of her just spouting off outright lies doesn't even approach Trump.

You are the only poster who mentioned Hillary so I will reply to you. Hillary had accuracy, mostly. Trump had authenticity  

You cannot name a major campaign promise that Trump reneged on.  Nor a major policy (war, trade, gay marriage) where Hillary was consistent.

Russian Collusion is just a another page in the Trump Was Right dossier

• Plus1 2
19 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

You are the only poster who mentioned Hillary so I will reply to you. Hillary had accuracy, mostly. Trump had credibility. 

You cannot name a major campaign promise that Trump reneged on.  Nor a major policy (war, trade, gay marriage) where Hillary was consistent.

Russian Collusion is just a another page in the Trump Was Right dossier

“Credibility” and Trump don’t belong in the same book together let alone the same sentence.

I could name plenty of policies he’s reneged on, and plenty that are s#!tty for this country, but it’s a waste of time because you don’t pay any mind to facts.

20 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Off the top of my head: Making Mexico pay for the wall. Not cutting Social Security and Medicare, which his recent budget is trying to do.

Here's an article detailing a bunch of Trump's campaign promises that he's reneged on:

The biggest lie Trump tells is that he’s kept his promises

@Notre Dame Joe

This was a major campaign plank for him. It had to be because the GOP had made the ACA into a Boogeyman for so long.

This right here is what happens when the bullsh#t meets the fan.

It turns out you can't solve terribly complex issues facing the entire nation with bumper sticker slogans and "deal-making" and "capability."

28 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Off the top of my head: Making Mexico pay for the wall. Not cutting Social Security and Medicare, which his recent budget is trying to do.

Here's an article detailing a bunch of Trump's campaign promises that he's reneged on:

The biggest lie Trump tells is that he’s kept his promises

Moraine, agree that Authenticity is a better word than credibility, although cred works well.

Most of those are criticisms, not policy reneges. For example we heard months of complaining about how the Trump tax cut unfairly hit high earners in high tax blue state.  Now Vox is telling us he isn't doing enough to tax the rich (bunk anyway as the rich keep the lights on).   If Trump flip flopped he would be for open borders, higher taxes on the middle class, and appeasement foreign policy; none of which he has done. 

1 hour ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Moraine, agree that Authenticity is a better word than credibility, although cred works well.

Most of those are criticisms, not policy reneges. For example we heard months of complaining about how the Trump tax cut unfairly hit high earners in high tax blue state.  Now Vox is telling us he isn't doing enough to tax the rich (bunk anyway as the rich keep the lights on).   If Trump flip flopped he would be for open borders, higher taxes on the middle class, and appeasement foreign policy; none of which he has done. 

Trump is the furthest thing from being authentic

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

ou cannot name a major campaign promise that Trump reneged on.  Nor a major policy (war, trade, gay marriage) where Hillary was consistent.

I can not believe you just posted this after what you posted earlier. 

do I need to say.....

mexico......pay......for ......wall......

?????

did I spell that right????

am I speaking clearly enough?????

or Figuratively????

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Trump said, “I’m not going to cut Social Security like every other Republican and I’m not going to cut Medicare or Medicaid.” His latest budget does cuts Medicare. Reneged.

Trump said, "I would build a great wall, and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me, and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great great wall on our southern border and I’ll have Mexico pay for that wall." Thus far, hasn't built any wall and any building will be with American money (its possible this could change but as of right now both are at best completely unfulfilled).

Trump said, "We will end the sanctuary cities that have resulted in so many needless deaths. Cities that refuse to cooperate with federal authorities will not receive taxpayer dollars, and we will work with Congress to pass legislation to protect those jurisdictions that do assist federal authorities.” He's tried but he's failed to do so. Maybe you're using some slippery definition of renege where it only counts if he changes his mind, but making a promise and then failing to deliver on it is an act of reneging, so this is also reneged.

Trump said, “One of my first acts as president will be to establish a commission on radical Islam which will include reformist voices in the Muslim community who will hopefully work with us." He hasn't.

Trump said, "If I'm elected president, I will push for a constitutional amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress." He hasn't even tried.

Trump said, “Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what the hell is going on.” He hasn't done that.

Trump said, “I'm putting the people on notice that are coming here from Syria, as part of this mass migration, that if I win, if I win, they're going back.”  Hasn't happened.

Tons of other promises such as releasing his tax returns and suing his sexual assault accusers as well, but that's just a few things. 

Anyways, with the comparison to Hillary, if you compare his campaign promises to her entire career of positions yeah they're not consistent. But that's an unfair comparison (I can't stand Hillary Clinton for what it's worth). Her campaign was consistent. Her career has been about as consistent as Trump's liberal to conservative shift.

• Plus1 2
31 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Anyways, with the comparison to Hillary, if you compare his campaign promises to her entire career of positions yeah they're not consistent. But that's an unfair comparison (I can't stand Hillary Clinton for what it's worth). Her campaign was consistent. Her career has been about as consistent as Trump's liberal to conservative shift. 

In general it's not fair to compare the campaign of someone new to politics to someone who has been in politics a long time when it comes to this. The latter is likely to have changed their minds on things and it's all documented. That is the type of person we should want though. Someone should change their mind when they realize the facts don't support their original opinion or when they realize they were wrong about something.

Now that's not to say that's what Clinton did. I think she probably "changed her mind" for purely political reasons most of the time. It's possible she changed her mind about homosexuality, but I only say that because my mom is close to her age and my mom changed her mind. But the thing is I don't find Clinton trustworthy so I think it was just convenient for her to change her mind on it. But Trump does the same damn thing so it's laughable to say he's good in this area and she's bad. Trump flip flops on issues all the time, sometimes on the same day.

• Plus1 1