Miles to New Mexico?

Crean can recruit...that is the biggest thing.

He could attract NBA level talent here. I do not care about his attitude or his demeanor I care about winning. Dabo lost his cool in the NC game this year and you think any Clemson fans cared? Crean would get the job done and he would have to be given some time to get his guys to come play here. Lets see how this plays out, but I am fairly certain that Miles is not going to leave when his family is not far away from him in South Dakota.

Just out of curiosity, would you rather have:

New coach -- with one or more starters deciding to transfer then. (Along with Morrow)

OR

Miles -- with no additional transfers.

(I know there is a chance the new coach could convince them to stay - but for the sake of discussion let's say that doesn't happen)

Give me a new coach who can start the rebuild a year sooner. I honestly think Miles is going to have another losing season in 17-18 and NU will be in search of a new coach then. Might as well get started with a new coach a year earlier.

Crean can recruit...that is the biggest thing.

Especially in basketball when 1 or 2 future NBA guys can carry a team.

Recruiting to Nebraska for Basketball isn't difficult. Miles has recruited plenty of highly rated guys to come to Lincoln.

Brand new state of the art arena. B1G. Great fan base. 3 big selling points. I also feel like "weather" isn't as big of a deal to basketball recruits as it is to football recruits.

Yeah, Miles has brought in highly rated guys, but are any of those guys NBA players? I would be shocked.

Crean can bring in guys who are difference makers/NBA guys.

New coach -- with one or more starters deciding to transfer then. (Along with Morrow)

OR

(I know there is a chance the new coach could convince them to stay - but for the sake of discussion let's say that doesn't happen)

It all depends on who the new coach is.

If it's another coach at the level of Miles, we might as well keep him and see if he can turn it around.

If it's a significant upgrade, I'm all for the upgrade.

PS.....we won't know if it's an upgrade for several years.

Many of you keep saying that Crean can recruit and you give Marquette and Indiana as examples. Both of those are basketball schools with no other sport even close. Here he plays 3rd fiddle to football and volleyball. Crean couldn't keep much of the best talent in the state of Indiana from leaving. I think his personality eventually turns off both players and fans.

OR

Miles