Tristan Gebbia

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

With Gebbia's transfer, it also doesn't force the coaches to get Tristan reps early in the game and Martinez can play freely without looking over his shoulder.  I'm pretty confident that it would have taken a lot of poor play for Frost to bench Martinez, but Martinez can just go out and play now.

This is true.

• Plus1 1

32 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

If I were his dad, I would have encouraged him to stick it out this season and be loyal to his "brothers" on the team and then made a thoughtful evaluation at the end of the season on his next steps.  Those brothers on the team may have needed him at some point during the season, whether that was on the field or off the field. 

-Tom Osborne heavily recruits Scott Frost to play at Nebraska.
-Frost rejects his offer and goes to Stanford.
-Frost turns to Osborne in a time of need for advice; Osborne advises him to stay at Stanford.

-Frost rejects Osborne's advice and transfers to Nebraska.

What a selfish, disloyal, misguided decision of young Scott Frost. 

If only he had someone to give him the right advi...oh...wait...

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Undone said:

-Tom Osborne heavily recruits Scott Frost to play at Nebraska.
-Frost rejects his offer and goes to Stanford.
-Frost turns to Osborne in a time of need for advice; Osborne advises him to stay at Stanford.

-Frost rejects Osborne's advice and transfers to Nebraska.

What a selfish, disloyal, misguided decision of young Scott Frost. 

If only he had someone to give him the right advi...oh...wait...

That's certainly one perspective.  I was just offering my own advice on what I would have said, you are welcome to have your own views as well.  Regardless as I have said before, if TG does not want to be a part of this team, so be it.  We have enough talent to still have a great season with or without him, and Bunch will be a very solid backup should AM get injured.

One small reason I thought Martinez was going to start is that every time Stanley Morgan Jr was asked about the 2 QBs his only answer about Gebbia was he was there before and after the janitors. He never mentioned his abilities the 3 times I heard him field the question this summer.

But when asked about Martinez I believe he talked about how fast he was. I don’t recall the details because I honed in on what he wasn’t saying about Gebbia.

If studying and working the hardest were what made a starting QB, I could be the starting QB at Nebraska.

And we don’t even know that Martinez didn’t work harder than Gebbia. Maybe he did but it didn’t stand out as much for him because of his on field play.

• Plus1 3

Just now, knapplc said:

To transfer, or not to transfer. That is the question.

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,

Or, to take arms against a sea of troubles internet slanderers, and by opposing, to end them.

To transfer, to release - no more.

RRRRRROFL, +1.

One edit above though...

Just now, Moiraine said:

One small reason I thought Martinez was going to start is that every time Stanley Morgan Jr was asked about the 2 QB his only answer about Gebbia was he was there before and after the janitors. He never mentioned his ability the 3 times I heard him field the question this summer.

But when asked about Martinez I believe he talked about how fast he was. I don’t recall the details because I honed in on what he wasn’t saying about Gebbia.

If studying and working the hardest were what made a starting QB, I could be the starting QB at Nebraska.

tenor.png

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

One small reason I thought Martinez was going to start is that every time Stanley Morgan Jr was asked about the 2 QBs his only answer about Gebbia was he was there before and after the janitors. He never mentioned his abilities the 3 times I heard him field the question this summer.

And we don’t even know that Martinez didn’t work harder than Gebbia. Maybe he did but it didn’t stand out as much for him because of his on field play.

That makes two of us. Lol.  

1 hour ago, MichiganDad3 said:

Would you advise your child to pursue a dream as an actor or poet? Part of becoming an adult is balancing what I want to do with practicality.

Part of becoming an adult is trying and failing. Gebbia has one shot in his entire life to make it into the NFL. One. He should do whatever it takes to get the best chance of getting there, and then worry about what's next if it doesn't happen.

Gebbia's chance to make it to the NFL if he stayed at Nebraska and rode the bench for 4 years, essentially 0. 

Gebbia's chance to make it to the NFL if he transfers and starts anywhere else, greater than 0.

He's a smart kid and most likely doesn't need the academic help that others might. He's going to get a degree no matter where he goes. He chose the option that has the best chance of getting his dream accomplished. That's pretty adult thinking to me.

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

Freaking awesome. Frost recognizes a management mistake on his part and openly admits it, anyone want to lay odds on it ever happening again?  :D  

Not everyone has the intestinal fortitude to admit making a mistake, let alone admitting it publicly. Major props to Frost.

would have likely ended up this way in the end?  .........after 4 games?  who knows??

• Mavric changed the title to Tristan Gebbia