The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

1 minute ago, funhusker said:

Are the following scenarios the same:

Soldier A sees a 10yo girl running up to his squad holding an explosive device so he has to do the unthinkable and terminate the threat.

Soldier B sees a 10yo girl running away from his squad after stealing some of their food and shoots her in the back.

Both of these situations were essentially caused by war and despicable things in the world, but only one of them is a crime.

And maybe the girl is running to the squad for help and the one running away already planted the device and is trying to get out of the blast zone.

Politics is about perspective.

Just now, funhusker said:

????

We are bred to fight eachother.  If the government wasn't run by the media narrative pushing we may start thinking for ourselves.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Redux said:

The only reason anyone cares to defend Biden is because he HAS to be innocent because Trump HAS to be guilty.

You are so wrong it isn't even funny. Again a million times over. If  Trump did exactly the same thing Biden did, he would be fine right now. If Biden did exactly what Trump did, he would have been in hot water over his head. I don't give a s#!t about Biden, I'm just looking objectively at the situations.

If Biden is so guilty of wrongdoing and this was such a huge issue, why wasn't he investigated by Nunes and the intelligence committee while Nunes was in control for 3 years? Why wasn't Biden investigated by a Trump appointed AG for 3 years? Why all of the sudden now, after Biden has announced he is running for President, are we concerned about this thing that happened before Trump was even elected? And why, if Biden is guilty, does Trump have Rudy Guiliani in Ukraine doing the investigating? If Biden is guilty of some shady s#!t, why does Trump have to pressure a Ukrainian President to announce an investigation into Biden? Not do an investigation, announce an investigation. Also, if Biden is guilty, why did I believe it was Morrison testify in a conversation with Rudy he told Rudy there was nothing to the Biden allegations and Rudy's response was 'I know'?

Again I don't give a crap about Biden, but if he was guilty why the delay? Why not use regular channels of investigation?

• Plus1 2
9 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

If  Trump did exactly the same thing Biden did, he would be fine right now. If Biden did exactly what Trump did, he would have been in hot water over his head.

Somewhere in an alternate reality, where the roles are reversed, yall are lynching Trunp for doing what Biden did and defending Biden for what Trump did.  Meanwhile in that reality I'm still like "they are both guilty".  This isn't about justice, it's about bringing down Trump regardless of the crime.

I don't expect anyone to admit this^ and I'm positive I'll get chastised for it.  But, some night, laying in bed, think about it.  I mean really think about it.  Is it because what Trump did was wrong or is it because it's Trump?  Is what Biden did really okay, or is it okay because admitting that it's not could be seen as giving Trump a pass.

11 minutes ago, Redux said:

Somewhere in an alternate reality, where the roles are reversed, yall are lynching Trunp for doing what Biden did and defending Biden for what Trump did. 

No....just no.....

You are absolutely totally missing the context to which both actions were taken.

It's been explained over and over again and you totally ignore it.  

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Redux said:

Somewhere in an alternate reality, where the roles are reversed, yall are lynching Trunp for doing what Biden did and defending Biden for what Trump did.  Meanwhile in that reality I'm still like "they are both guilty".  This isn't about justice, it's about bringing down Trump regardless of the crime.

I don't expect anyone to admit this^ and I'm positive I'll get chastised for it.  But, some night, laying in bed, think about it.  I mean really think about it.  Is it because what Trump did was wrong or is it because it's Trump?  Is what Biden did really okay, or is it okay because admitting that it's not could be seen as giving Trump a pass.

Nope you are wrong. I have thought about it and looking at the actions objectively the action of holding aid with approval of everyone to accomplish an objective wanted by everyone is much different than holding aid with the approval of no one to accomplish an objective wanted by only you. That said, I don't care about Biden. If he did something wrong, GO AFTER HIM! But do so using the proper tools. The fact that Trump has had the proper tools for 3 years and has decided to skip all of those options in favor of asking a foriegn leader to do it for him tells me alot.

• Plus1 2

Can anyone that has listened to testimony and read all the facts really think that based on his actions on Ukraine he didn't withold aid to PR after the hurricane because his feelings were hurt?  

This is a pattern, not a one off and it started many, many years ago in his personal life and has continued thru his political reign. He truly (imo) doesn't know any other way to do 'business' than to hold things over peoples heads to get what he wants.  "Oh, I owe you money for all the contractor work you did on my hotel?  Well, I'm not going to pay it and you're a small, weak man - what are you going to do?"  "Oh, were my first wife and know more about me than anyone else, including what happened that night after I got my hair transplants?  Well sign this NDA.".  "Hey Lindsay, lets' golf and talk about some things I've learned about you ... now get behind me or they'll become public."

No wonder he keeps doing it even after he's had his hand slapped.  Guys' too stupid and old to change his ways, and he's sadly teaching a whole new generation to do the same to get ahead (and has empowered the existing Boomers' in government to put their heads down and choose to benefit from his ways or say goodbye to their careers)

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

No....just no.....

You are absolutely totally missing the context to which both actions were taken.

It's been explained over and over again and you totally ignore it.  

No I'm defending my opinion which is being mislabeled as ignorance.

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

That's not how it works.  It isn't "do you believe that?"

It's what we can prove.  There is no proof that this conspiracy theory is real.  The United States Intelligence community debunked it.  That's all the proof I needed...there was an investigation, it found no wrongdoing.  Done.

I don't need to listen to a bunch of guys who have no experience in law enforcement or the judicial system of America tell me that entire agencies got it wrong and that there needs to be another investigation.  That's just stupid.

This is a logical fallacy.  The obligation is NOT on us to disprove...it's on YOU TO PROVE.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/burden-of-proof

No it isn't.  You know that.

Loads of people are guilty of s#!t that is not proven.  

Man, I can't remember it now but wasn't there some football player that was on trial for lopping off his ex's dome and some waiters head...but for some reason there was no wrongdoing to be found?

I bet you have done wrong s#!t in your life but it didn't "get proven" and you got away with it...we all have.

• Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

That's not how it works.  It isn't "do you believe that?"

It's what we can prove.  There is no proof that this conspiracy theory is real.  The United States Intelligence community debunked it.  That's all the proof I needed...there was an investigation, it found no wrongdoing.  Done.

I don't need to listen to a bunch of guys who have no experience in law enforcement or the judicial system of America tell me that entire agencies got it wrong and that there needs to be another investigation.  That's just stupid.

This is a logical fallacy.  The obligation is NOT on us to disprove...it's on YOU TO PROVE.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/burden-of-proof

Bruh, I put you on ignore a while ago.  I would reccomend doing the same to me, this can't be healthy.

6 minutes ago, teachercd said:

No it isn't.  You know that.

Loads of people are guilty of s#!t that is not proven.  

Man, I can't remember it now but wasn't there some football player that was on trial for lopping off his ex's dome and some waiters head...but for some reason there was no wrongdoing to be found?

I bet you have done wrong s#!t in your life but it didn't "get proven" and you got away with it...we all have.

But that's not important if there is a narrative to push

1 minute ago, Redux said:

Bruh, I put you on ignore a while ago.  I would reccomend doing the same to me, this can't be healthy.

But that's not important if there is a narrative to push

Shoot there are people that believe in alien landings...there are people that think JFK's death is not what all the government offices told us it was.  There are people that go to prison (not a lot, I hope) that are not actually guilty and people that get off that are guilty.