The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

23 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Does this sum it up for Bernie voters?  Editorial from the Daily Beast reprinted on Yahoo

https://www.yahoo.com/news/picking-joe-biden-democrats-kissing-084519449.html

Yeah this generation isn't going to riot in person outside a convention anyway.  They might stage a social media riot forcing moderators to become a digital mayor Daley to confront them 'shoot [ban] hackers  and maim [ghost-ban] trolls.'  But it will pass barely noticed by the rest as a "twitter uproar" is not that different from normal online behavior.

As for Bernie Bros voting pattern, I don't see Biden that much differently than Hilary and the youth turnout will likely resemble that of 2016. 

Finally SOMEONE seconded my opinion that Warren and Sanders were splitting the same voter pool.

Spoiler

By chopping up the pool of hard leftists while the moderates colluded to support Biden, they were able to flip the script in the states.  If Warren dropped out when it was 'obvious' she couldn't get the nomination and Pete B+New York Guy+Whatshername stayed in, Sanders is likely holding a prohibitive lead right now.

50 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Finally SOMEONE seconded my opinion that Warren and Sanders were splitting the same voter pool.

Reveal hidden contents

By chopping up the pool of hard leftists while the moderates colluded to support Biden, they were able to flip the script in the states.  If Warren dropped out when it was 'obvious' she couldn't get the nomination and Pete B+New York Guy+Whatshername stayed in, Sanders is likely holding a prohibitive lead right now.

good god....who didn't know that?

2 hours ago, commando said:

This is what makes me (and every normal person) think that there is major collusion going on with the D's...

Now I keep hearing more and more about how they will not actually let Biden run...which sort of pisses me off...since I have 36 dollars riding on that dude!

Now, if they do do (ha) that...even the biggest D fan (ha again) will have to admit they are also just a party of slime.  

• Plus1 1

32 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

I just reread that Hillary wanted to drop Medicare age to 55:

https://www.advisory.com/daily-briefing/2016/07/12/clinton-health-care-plan

I take back that Bidens doing something.  He's not even doing as much as Hillary wanted to do...and that's bad.  What next, is he going to raise the minimum wage from 7.25 per hour to 7.75 per hour?

This guy is a special kind of idiot if he thinks he's going to court progressives with this stupid crap he's peddling.

god damn bernie...didn't even ask joe to match what hillary wanted.  eff him.

11 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

Cognitive decline is one of them if you are paying attention. As for the lies and cheap shots they won't be as effective this time. Mainly the lies as he will struggle to defend his record when questioned. If the economy doesn't bounce back by November what is he going to be saying up there that people believe? He can try and pin it on coronavirus but then he will get hammered on his response. The only way Trump is bodying anyone in a debate is if you enjoy middle school insults. I agree that many do enjoy that, but that does not equate to bodying someone in a debate. 

You're underestimating how well Trump plays this game. It doesn't matter what the truth is to him. The Dems are going to criticize his response to the virus? I'll grant you he didn't take it seriously enough initially, but he was heavily criticized by top Democrats for the travel ban on China, which was absolutely the correct move. If anything, he should of expanded it to European countries.

6 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

You're underestimating how good Trump plays this game. It doesn't matter what the truth is to him. The Dems are going to criticize his response to the virus? I'll grant you he didn't take it seriously enough initially, but he was heavily criticized by top Democrats for the travel ban on China, which was absolutely the correct move. If anything, he should of expanded it to European countries.

Biden agreed with the China travel ban, so idk if that’ll move the needle. Biden has even said the ban didn’t come soon enough. 

10 hours ago, teachercd said:

It is the new game plan.  They all have adopted it and they know it works.  Look how active they are on twitter now and they use it as a weapon.  

I've been told on here it's "jUsT tHe gOp"

1 minute ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Biden agreed with the China travel ban, so idk if that’ll move the needle. Biden has even said the ban didn’t come soon enough. 

That's true. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, commando said:

Not the two lawyers who were with the Sanders campaign when I asked them. 

3 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I guess Biden is back on board with those racist xenophobic policies. 

5 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

I guess Biden is back on board with those racist xenophobic policies. 

Travel ban, not racist, and necessary for the health of our country. Calling the virus the China Virus, putting out Biden slam ads of him talking to Asian people, even former Washington state governor Gary Locke, insinuating talking to Asian people is bad - yeah that s#!t is racist and unnecessary.

the thing about the travel ban is that it wasn't really a travel ban.   it stopped foriegn nationals from coming in from china....but allowed americans to travel back and forth as they wished.   if they picked up the disease and brought it back...who knows?

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

What about Medicare like this...

You get it from birth until 25

Then you get it from 50 until you die

Am I crazy in thinking that sounds practical? 

Assuming you still have to pay into it from 25-50, it's an interesting idea.

Maybe give annual "free" check ups from 26-49 and if you are in good health, practicing good habits, etc. you get a discounted charge every month.  Just like a lot of group plans do now.