More Departures?

Are they talking about Stanley. That's where my mind went right away.
Also thought this. Maybe Riley drops the hammer on Stanely to make a point.
Don't count on that. He will miss game time but not too much. I think the lesson will be learned withou a severe punishment.
I don't think the lesson would be meant for Stanley. Not saying it's a sure thing but that would be a clear message to a team that at the moment has some disciplinary issues. No one is above the team

It seems like the staff now feels like they are dealing with THEIR players and can crack the whip with only small waves created. They also know that in most cases if somebody leaves they can be replaced with a similar or better talent. You hate to see kids lose the opportunity to graduate from the school that they started at however it is preparation for life after college.

Are they talking about Stanley. That's where my mind went right away.
Also thought this. Maybe Riley drops the hammer on Stanely to make a point.
Don't count on that. He will miss game time but not too much. I think the lesson will be learned withou a severe punishment.
I don't think the lesson would be meant for Stanley. Not saying it's a sure thing but that would be a clear message to a team that at the moment has some disciplinary issues. No one is above the team

He's too important to the offense this year, he won't be the example.

Nebraska signed 62 players (including the late add of Jordan Stevenson in 2015, a somewhat unique case) in the 2015, 2016 and 2017 class. Just six have left (9.7 percent). Including the 2017 class in that total, considering most of them have been on campus for only a few weeks, might cloud things a bit, but Riley’s attrition rate over the first two classes only goes up a couple of points (11.9 percent).

Even if that rate went up to 20 with more time, Nebraska would still be much better off than it has been, and that might be a hidden advantage going forward.

• Fire 4

It’s easy to look at a few departures as a bad thing for a program, but it’s common. The Associated Press did an analysis a few years ago of the high school players who were still on the rosters as college seniors at Florida, Southern California, Tennessee, LSU and Texas. Of 123 high school players who signed letters of intent to those five programs, only 59 (or 48 percent) made it to their senior year.

Former Oregon coach Mike Bellotti told the AP at the time that a 65-70 percent retention rate is fairly common for a program.

In Mike Riley’s case, attrition at Nebraska opens up doors for other players. The Huskers value its walk-on program and awarding those walk-ons with scholarships, but attrition has to take place to make that happen. Nebraska added nine walk-ons to the team last February and attrition will benefit those players over time (and potentially this fall).

• Fire 1