Ahman Green Arrested

Fru

Yuck.

EDIT - he was in court today. Here's the alleged story:

Ahman Green Makes Court Appearance

According to the criminal complaint, Green's 15-year-old daughter went to a neighbor's house saying her father punched her in the face, bruising her eye.

She told police she and her father were arguing all day because she wouldn't do the dishes. Eventually he grabbed her by the shirt, ripping it, and carried her to the kitchen, where she says he physically forced her to pick up silverware, pushed her into cabinets, and hit her.

When questioned by deputies, Green admitted he struck her ear with an open palm, which might have caused the injuries around her eye.

• Fire 2

Yeah, sounds like they were both in the wrong--the 15 year old for not wanting to do dishes/chores, and Ahman for probably pushing that a little too far.

We're talking about something here that, quite honestly, could happen to most parents that deal with unruly children. Not saying it's right, just saying it could happen to most of us.

• Fire 4

Yeah, sounds like they were both in the wrong--the 15 year old for not wanting to do dishes/chores, and Ahman for probably pushing that a little too far.

We're talking about something here that, quite honestly, could happen to most parents that deal with unruly children. Not saying it's right, just saying it could happen to most of us.

bullsh#t. To all of this.

• Fire 9

Do you mean the whole thing with Ahman Green is BS, or do you mean that VectorVictor's post is BS? :dunno:

My mom slapped me up the side of my face any number of times. Every time I can remember I can clearly remember mouthing off to the point I surely deserved it. Beyond that, I don't remember any other punishments aside from her agonizing over her disappointment in me. Gads that disappointment hurt worse than anything.

Ahman....gotta walk away dude.

From a parent of three.

Edited by grandpasknee
  • Fire 1

As a parent of three, I can guarantee you they can make you so pissed off you want to smack them upside the head.

But....dude....

Wasn't he accused of spousal abuse about the time he went to Greenbay?

Family turmoil is not something new to Green, who was arrested after a domestic dispute with his wife, Heather, in 2005.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=4586440

Oddly enough, that article from 2009 talks about his rocky relationship with his daughters.

Both were definitely acting inappropriately and Ahman went incredibly too far and should have never hit her, if it all indeed happened.

As for his second line, I know you're not a parent and neither am I. But, I had a sibling. Perhaps you did, too. I saw my mother and sister go at it sometimes, so much so that I thought one of them was going to lose it one day and hit the other. It never happened. But, being in that situation, where violence could happen, is definitely a reality for a lot of parents with kids.

Whether or not you act on that aggression is, of course, something else entirely.

Why the hell do I have to be a parent to have the opinion I have. My mom never slapped my face. I've never hit anyone, including my niece and nephew, both of which are ornery as all get out. If you think it's not okay to slap your husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend this should be considered even worse.

If you're defending him it's because you've slapped a son/daughter in the face or because it's Ahman Green.

• Fire 1

Do you mean the whole thing with Ahman Green is BS, or do you mean that VectorVictor's post is BS? :dunno:

The latter, as are the people who agree with it.

Says someone who isn't a parent.
I've never had a girlfriend. I guess I could understand dragging a girl down 3 flights of stairs by the hair. Especially if it was done by a star football player. Boys will be boys. But I shouldn't speak on this as I haven't had one.