Went with my son to see Alita Battle Angle.  It was his birthday, he likes Japanese Anima and some of his internet geek movie critics ,that he trusts, said it was pretty good.  I wasn't expecting much.  It was actually a pretty entertaining movie. A good popcorn movie.  It reminded me of Ready Player One mixed with a toned down Sin City.  Which would make sense as it was directed by Robert Rodriguez.  

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched "Arrival" movie via Amazon Prime Video.  Hollywood is tricking us again!  Believe it or not, this movie nominate best picture :rolleyes:.   My review: 2 hours of my life gone. Snooze fest .... most boring movie ever. Pure rubbish. Horrible, dreadful, awful, lousy actors, monotonous, downright ridiculous, utter garbage, slow, boring as hell .... did I miss any ?  And flashbacks was WAY too many.

On 3/12/2019 at 10:08 AM, knapplc said:

Kt4XrCk.png

It's comically easy.

1- Go to a Redbox

2- Peruse the movies that are in it

3- Select the movie you want (DVD or Blu-Ray)

4- Slide your credit card when prompted

5- Take movie(s) home, make popcorn, watch movie(s)

6- Return movie(s) to any Redbox (doesn't have to be the same one)

Just keep in mind the $1.50 or $1.75 rental fee is per night. So if you've had it for 3 weeks, might as well keep it cuz you already own it.

• Plus1 1
On 3/24/2019 at 12:25 PM, RedSavage said:

Went and saw Us yesterday.  Probably an unpopular opinion but I didn’t  think it was that good.  

I don't think you're that alone, to be honest. I just saw it last night and, while I thought it was good, it had too much parable for my taste. Something was missing from it and I left the movie asking some good thought provoking questions and some bad plot/narrative questions.

Plus, it's natural to compare it to Get Out, and that movie was very good.

I loved real story movies.  I always checked numerous REAL events via internet encyclopedias and/or articles ...... accurate or not?  BTW, not documentary films but movies.  Myself, the most accurate was "Vendetta" .... lynching of eleven Italians-Americans in New Orleans, March 14 1892.  It was the largest single mass lynching in U.S. history.

Vendetta_(1999_film).jpg

My first thoughts, the most "stretch the truth" movie,  advertised real story ...........1973 Walking Tall.  Or else A Beautiful Mind

220px-A_Beautiful_Mind_Poster.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Watched The Mule last night. I was very disappointed. I've grown accustomed to expecting a lot from these types of Clint Eastwood movies but this one just didn't do it for me. Might be a case of having too high expectations but it just didn't seem on par with his last 10-20 years.

On 4/28/2019 at 12:13 PM, JJ Husker said:

Watched The Mule last night. I was very disappointed. I've grown accustomed to expecting a lot from these types of Clint Eastwood movies but this one just didn't do it for me. Might be a case of having too high expectations but it just didn't seem on par with his last 10-20 years.

It is crazy to think that he has been with (Warner?) for like 60 years now and they gave him a lifetime contract.  What an amazing career.

• 1 month later...

It's pretty rare that we see a movie in a theatre on it's opening weekend but we went to Rocketman last night. I've got mixed feelings. On one hand, it was interesting, pretty well done and I learned a bit about Elton John that didn't know.  But on the other hand, it felt pretty superficial and was nowhere near the same level as Bohemian Rhapsody. That may be an unfair comparison but it is somewhat unavoidable due to subject matter and timing. Anyway, I guess I'd recommend waiting for a less expensive than theatre trip to see it. Not sure the big screen did much for the experience that you couldn't get at home.