The ONE thing that made you shake your head

teachercd

2 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

I'm still shaking my head from something that has happened since Coach Riley & Co. got here: WHY WHY WHY???  do we stop running the ball when we're getting great yardage??  I just don't get it. We're moving the ball on the ground when all of a sudden the OC goes 'pass happy' BLAH!

Well in fairness, that was going on with Pelini and Beck also. And it's a bit tough to criticize them for running less yesterday, especially in the 2nd half. We lost Tre to injury and it is a little obvious that he is better than Wilbon or the yet to be seen Ozigbo. Good clock management would dictate getting a little pass happy when you're down by 28 points and have shown no sign of slowing down the other teams offense. I don't fault them for throwing it around the yard in those circumstances.

12 minutes ago, ebohnart said:

The lack of the ability of our team to make any adjustments until half time. 

If the DC is knowledgeable, and done his homework, we should be able to make adjustments at anytime in the game.  To play in the same basic D for the first half of the game and let them score 42 points with out changing is a big ????  To do the same thing over and over and expect a different result is called stu###.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Whs from cb said:

If the DC is knowledgeable, and done his homework, we should be able to make adjustments at anytime in the game.  To play in the same basic D for the first half of the game and let them score 42 points with out changing is a big ????  To do the same thing over and over and expect a different result is called stu###.

I just don't understand. Unfortunately, our D is not good enough to run the base package right now. Doesn't mean I don't think they can't get there. But rather than embarrassing them and throwing the game by half time, why not dial up pressure, throw a nickel package in, DO ANYTHING different? 

2 hours ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

Down by 14 with 4 minutes left, we don't snap the ball until :03 on the play clock.  We continue to do that the whole series even though we've been set since like :10 on the play clock while the game clock continues to run.

This.

As much as I've supported Riley since he's been here, this game management stuff has to stop. It's like a cartoon.

• Plus1 1

Just to throw something out that hasn't been covered, I'll take the last possession of the first half.

Take over with 39 seconds left on our own 30.

Throw a 2 yard pass to a TE.

Throw a 5 yard pass to the sideline so the receiver goes out of bounds with 9 seconds left on the clock, meaning we have to actually punt the ball instead of just having the clock run out.

• Plus1 3