The ONE thing that made you shake your head

teachercd

8 minutes ago, jsneb83 said:

It's kind of hard to set up returns when the other team is punting from midfield. I don't know why DPE called fair catch on the last one as I thought he had a chance for a decent return

DPE said there were a lot of bodies around him when he was trying to make the catch. It's tough to tell if they are on your team or your opponent, because everything has to be a blur. He did say, that as soon as he caught it and looked up, he realized he shouldn't have called a fair catch.

Who knows what he was told before the punt, but he was probably told by the coaches to make sure he secures the catch first. That's not wrong advice, but it could make the retuen r l as willing to not call a fair catch and try to make a big return. 

• Plus1 3

One thing really caught my attention and I was shaking my head at was:  During the frantic comeback - was Morgan the only receiver on the field.  It seems like he was the target on 99% of the passes yet he was double teamed.  Why no quick hits to DPE or Spielman and let their feet do the talking after catching the ball in space.  For the 2nd game, I think they both were under utilized in this offense.  DPE is suppose to be back to his former self, let him prove it. 

The other one thing and my head is scratched raw on this one:  No blitz, no pressure,  DBs left vulnerable and linebackers covering swift receivers.  If the DL is meant to gum up the OL in our new D, then who is left to put pressure on the QB if we don't bring the linebackers.  And if the LBs are falling back to cover receivers then there is absolutely no chance of putting pressure on the QB. 

12 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

One thing really caught my attention and I was shaking my head at was:  During the frantic comeback - was Morgan the only receiver on the field.  It seems like he was the target on 99% of the passes yet he was double teamed.  Why no quick hits to DPE or Spielman and let their feet do the talking after catching the ball in space.  For the 2nd game, I think they both were under utilized in this offense.  DPE is suppose to be back to his former self, let him prove it. 

The other one thing and my head is scratched raw on this one:  No blitz, no pressure,  DBs left vulnerable and linebackers covering swift receivers.  If the DL is meant to gum up the OL in our new D, then who is left to put pressure on the QB if we don't bring the linebackers.  And if the LBs are falling back to cover receivers then there is absolutely no chance of putting pressure on the QB. 

Lee missed DPE on a number of passes on Saturday, and Lee is also getting locked in on Morgan.  Morgan was targeted by Lee 16 times against Oregon, with 7 completions.  I know Morgan is the best WR and is probably the initial read on most plays, but Lee and Langsdorf have to do a better job of spreading the ball around.

• Plus1 1

Clock management late in the game was atrocious. Zero urgency. 

WTF is up with the way we're teaching our NT to line up in a 3 point stance? 
3point.JPG

Play action passing in very obvious passing situations late in the game was obnoxious. 

Even so, the thing that made me shake my head most was when I had to google Mike Riley a few years ago. 

• Plus1 3
5 minutes ago, The Maudfather said:

3point.JPG

Play action passing in very obvious passing situations late in the game was obnoxious. 

Even so, the thing that made me shake my head most was when I had to google Mike Riley a few years ago. 

This x1000

3 years in and I'm still shaking my head about this hire. Personally, this was as dumb as firing Solich to hire The Man Who Shall Remain Nameless. Don't take this as me being a Solich lover or a Bo lover. I'm more of a "make smart decisions" guy. To fire Bo was fine, but you couldn't follow it up with a career .500 coach. You put Mediocre Mike in a hole from day 1....a deep, deep hole, which he has proven he won't get out of.

• Plus1 2

Nebraska's defense made me shake my head. Even though they're playing a lot of youth in a new system, their lack of production is very disappointing. I was hoping things would at least be slightly better than current. Tied for worst in the nation in sacks is disappointing, as well.

7 hours ago, REDFANATIC said:

I remember Oz having nagging back issues this spring that carried over from late last fall. Trouble making cuts, legs would go weak.

Some other individual with the last name Ozigbo was retweeting a lot of people about Devine not getting any reps. I'll try to pull it up, but seems like some off the field stuff. 

8 hours ago, The Maudfather said:

3point.JPG

The three point stance seems to work oddly enough. The linemen look like they're two gaping, and I have yet to see them get driven off the ball. It seems like the stance gives them a second to read their block, then adjust the gap they are playing. It left me shaking my head the first gamen but it really hasn't harmed anything so far.