If we lose a CLOSE game to Northern Illinois

speedtoburn

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

I don't know...for some reason that is sort of how it plays out.

It was the same with with Bo...before that it was the "tradition coalition"

I agree that it does play out that way, and it was that way for Bo.  If you look back, I felt the same way then until the very end.  I just want to root for DONU and enjoy another good season sometime soon.  I hope that happens with our current staff, as I am tired of changing coaches.  However, if the AD decides to make a change (or the chancellor decides to make a change at AD) I will support the University AND its football program.

• Plus1 1

Just now, In the Deed the Glory said:

I agree that it does play out that way, and it was that way for Bo.  If you look back, I felt the same way then until the very end.  I just want to root for DONU and enjoy another good season sometime soon.  I hope that happens with our current staff, as I am tired of changing coaches.  However, if the AD decides to make a change (or the chancellor decides to make a change at AD) I will support the University AND its football program.

I wish they could just hire a Coach-Bot...with a bunch of canned responses to questions but a sweet computer brain that could figure out which play was the best to run in each situation.  

• Plus1 1

If we lose, I think every can agree that Riley would actual be on the hot seat.  Not the fan reaction, but the bonafide WTH do we do now realization that this guy was the wrong hire.  I thought the close game against ASU would light a fire, but it didn't.  I truly think Oregon did.  This includes the team and staff.  Riley seemed pissed. (As pissed as he can be in the presser) I think NI gets pounded.

51 minutes ago, lo country said:

If we lose, I think every can agree that Riley would actual be on the hot seat.  Not the fan reaction, but the bonafide WTH do we do now realization that this guy was the wrong hire.  I thought the close game against ASU would light a fire, but it didn't.  I truly think Oregon did.  This includes the team and staff.  Riley seemed pissed. (As pissed as he can be in the presser) I think NI gets pounded.

I hope so.

I want to believe that we'll win comfortably, but would not be shocked if it was a tighter game than many on this board are expecting.

1 hour ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Why does there have to be Riley Lovers and Riley Haters?  Why can't we just watch the games, support the team, and hope for the best?  That doesn't make you're a Riley lover, it makes you a Husker fan.

Why were there Boleavers and Bolievers? 

We all support the team, want them to win, and hope for the best. That doesn't mean blind allegiance to the head coach. 

• Plus1 1