What does MR need to do to earn back your TRUST?

SECHusker

49 minutes ago, FTW said:

I say MR needs to make a bowl game to keep his job. A losing season and I believe he will be fired. Like Osborne said to Callahan, there's not many 6-6 seasons around here let alone losing seasons. This standard has to be upheld. We are not Michigan State. We cannot afford to have a 3-9 season.

NU is that school now, isn't it? I agree with your assessment but that is very depressing. 

1 hour ago, SECHusker said:

MR isn't likely going anywhere soon, so honest question. Win out? Top 5 recruiting class? Fire a coordinator? Fire a coach? Bench a player?

-For me, I'm benching a certain guard who's feet are stuck in the mud.  

-Benching an outside LB who is consistently late to plays and misses tackles.  

-Letting the offense know that no one's job is safe and that you will earn your job each and every practice.

-Parting ways with CAV THIS WEEK.

-Parting ways with DAVIS AFTER THE SEASON.

-Parting ways with the TE Coach AFTER THE SEASON, no excuse that scholarship TEs can beat out two walkons.

-Parting ways with the S&C Coach THIS WEEK because he spends more time than anyone with the players and his job is far greater than getting the players stronger (i.e. make sure they are accountable in the weight room, and if someone is late or misses a workout punishing the whole group not just that individual).

-Yelling at Langs that he needs to be consistent with the running game, and telling him inside your own five for the first two downs you are run the ball.

You lose all credibility with the implication that Langsdorf should remain.

We have a Class 5 dumpster fire on our hands, there is nothing we can do except sit and watch it burn.

The burning stops when Riley goes, until then we will have to put up with threads like yours as it is the nature of the beast.

If there is no accountability on a team, how can you expect them to Win?!

The fact that Riley & Co, did nothing to the players that were arrested this summer, just tells the players and staff that it just doesn't matter.

Coaches leaking to players when random drug tests are going to take place, allowing recruits to go to all night frat parties and getting wasted out of their minds, like Keyshawn.

If you slap the wrist of your coach that just had his 3rd DUI on a major recruiting weekend, then your players don't think they can get in trouble either.  And then noting happens once they are in trouble.

When you allow your coaches like Donte Williams to go to strip clubs while representing Nebraska during satellite camps, what do you think will happen??!!

THERE IS ZERO ACCOUNTABILITY WITHIN THE NEBRASKA FOOTBALL PROGRAM.  THE CULTURE IS STRIPPED. 

1 hour ago, RunMickeyRun02 said:

Really this is all I wanted out of this season. But apparently that's asking too much. Now we'd have to win 5 conference games just to get to 500 and I don't think we can do it.

It's going to be an uphill battle from here on out. They need to have amnesia and focus on the next opponent and take one game at a time. The lack of urgency coming from our team is what I find most disturbing.

We can do it. If the defense continues to improve it's just a matter of time for the offense to start clicking but I do think Tanner Lee is not the answer. On paper he might be good but he's a lot like Zac Lee or Sam Keller, just not good enough.

O'Brien or Gebbia could be the next Joe Ganz. I think we need to start rethinking having Tanner Lee under center but it appears Mike Riley is going to ride his horse (per the post game presser.) With the way our OL performs, I don't think it matters who is under center BUT I do think a QB with mobility would help greatly.

Think about it this way, if you are an average driver at best, handing you a nice new Porsche will not make you an excellent driver. All you will do is screw up the brand new Porsche. That is Riley for you. Eichorst thinking that Riley will suddenly become Nick Saban just because he hands him over the huskers is simply ridiculous and short-sighted from the ignorant AD. Of course many will argue that Nebraska is no Porsche, but that was Eichorst's thinking.

3 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The only thing that would save this season for Riley for me is if he won the Big Ten West.

Yep, this is the only thing and we all know there is no way in hell that happens. So, the only other move that salvages Riley and doesn't turn him into a pariah is if he chooses to retire. I hope that is what he does because I still think he is a genuinely nice guy. He just can't put together a winning football effort. He tries and wants to win, I think, but he just doesn't instill the right attitude or environment for winning. It's sad and too bad for him but he is a 500 coach, always has been and always will be.

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

Get rid of the statue-QB idea.

but Mike has his guy-  Statue QB's are what they want- is that so hard to comprehend? when in the past has Riley EVER had a duel threat QB or an offense that was designed around one?

Answer: when Tommy A was playing and even then it took him a year to figure out a few schemes for his talent