***Official Illinois Game Discussion Thread***

Mavric

1 minute ago, RedNebraskan said:

Love watching us play well, but in the end this game doesn't really matter that much.  Once we lose to Wisconsin, OSU, PSU, Minnesota, Northwestern, and Iowa, we won't really remember tonight.

What if OSU and psu are the only losses?  I think it should important to be open minded

Defensively we were certainly helped by some errors by Illinois with penalties, bad throws, etc.  But sometimes you get some good luck.  Seems like we must be saving our good luck charms for Ohio State.   We need a s#!tton of it for sure.  

Second half will be interesting to see if this coaching staff can somehow find a way to motivate this team to play even better the rest of the way.  We need to get some turnovers and big plays out of the Blackshirts.  They have been 'gray' shirts so far but getting better.  How many points have we given up in the past 10 quart

I still feel if we are playing great defense, we should be holding teams under 21 points a game and now and then get a shut out and certainly keep the weakest teams under 13.   

Offense has moved ball well but only three possessions in the half.   We need to take this one to the house on the kick off.  That would be a big nail in the coffin.   

1 minute ago, shyndy said:

What if OSU and psu are the only losses?  I think it should important to be open minded

But Oregon and NIU still happened, Arky State almost still happened. What bugged me so much about Callahan as coach was his classic, "It's just one game" line. College football is every game matters, this isn't the NFL where you can lose a couple and still have a good season. In college football, in comparison to winning or competing for championships losing 2-3-4 games a season is not good.