What did we learn-Game 5 Illinois

JJ Husker

1 minute ago, El Diaco said:

Yeah, he didn't seem to be enjoying himself. He should've felt good about this game especially after those first four performances. It appears the writing is on the wall.

His situation reminds me of Wesley in Princess Bride when he was captured by the Dread Pirate Roberts 

“Good night, Westley (Riley). Good work. Sleep well. I'll most likely kill (fire)  you in the morning (if you lose again).”

• Plus1 1

Stanley Morgan ... this kid is a stud ... he has game.  Is he so full of himself that he loses focus on these drops?  Hey, I don't care to be critical ... I just don't get how a kid with that much talent seems to not watch the ball into his hands from time to time and then not protect the ball.  If he gets those issues resolved the kid will be a high drafted NFL prospect I believe.

1 minute ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Riley is usually displaying a smile after a win, expresses happiness and is eager to congratulate his players. Tonight he expressed zero happiness, no smile, and you'd think regardless of how bad Illinois is, with how good of an overall performance Nebraska had tonight he'd be happy. He did not look happy at all.

Hello, doctor. Can you give me a further analysis of his behavior?

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Decked said:

Knevel, Conrad, Newby, King, and A Davis need to sit the rest of this year. Keep the Davis bros on the field at the same time. Sit Freedom. 

Can't wait for Lee to get replaced by a healthy Chris Jones. 

Insert: Jaimes, Decker, Gifford, and Stille. Much quicker and play harder. 

I thought Freedom was disruptive. 

I learned this defense can bring pressure.

I think this team has potential if they can grow but there is a lot of growing to do before next week.

Defense keeps getting better. Twists, stunts, and blitzes have finally been added, but pass coverage still needs some work. 

Offensive line seems to have fixed some of their troubles. Good push at times, good blocking most of the time. Still need more work on picking up blitzes. 

Tanner Lee has gotten some confidence back. Fewer dangerous throws. With a little luck, he's moved past his yips. 

Our stable of RBs continues to impress. Ozigbo especially, he has the ability to take over the game late. Especially out of that inside zone split. It's an inside zone run with trap elements on the backside DE. The OT across from him let's him go and blocks a linebacker instead, but the TE comes across the formation and blindside him to open up the center. Good play, well executed. Ozigbo runs it really well. 

Still a lot to improve on, but some improvement has been made. I think we can go 6-6 at a minimum if we keep improving, and might even upset Iowa at the end of the year if it gets better. 

Still lots to complain about, but it's not all doom and gloom. :)

Edited by EmeraldIngot
Typo

1 minute ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Riley is usually displaying a smile after a win, expresses happiness and is eager to congratulate his players. Tonight he expressed zero happiness, no smile, and you'd think regardless of how bad Illinois is, with how good of an overall performance Nebraska had tonight he'd be happy. He did not look happy at all.

I agree. That is exactly what I saw. I feel sad for MR if it's already so bad he can't enjoy a convincing victory. Nobody should be happy that we find ourselves in that situation.

1 minute ago, bale said:

Hello, doctor. Can you give me a further analysis of his behavior?

Well I am elaborating more on why I thought what I thought and posted what I posted. Thought given you called me an idiot for posting such a thing you'd at least have the decency to respect I tried to explain why I thought what I thought.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, El Diaco said:

Yeah, he didn't seem to be enjoying himself. He should've felt good about this game especially after those first four performances. It appears the writing is on the wall.

1 minute ago, BigRedN said:

Stanley Morgan ... this kid is a stud ... he has game.  Is he so full of himself that he loses focus on these drops?  Hey, I don't care to be critical ... I just don't get how a kid with that much talent seems to not watch the ball into his hands from time to time and then not protect the ball.  If he gets those issues resolved the kid will be a high drafted NFL prospect I believe.

I think he gets ahead of himself and is thinking of how he's going to move it forward - and doesn't focus on getting the ball first.

2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I thought Freedom was disruptive. 

I learned this defense can bring pressure.

I think this team has potential if they can grow but there is a lot of growing to do before next week.

Freedom played decent. Just think any of the Davis twins would be an upgrade. 

Just now, BoneyardHusker said:

Thought given you called me an idiot for posting such a thing you'd at least have the decency to respect I tried to explain why I thought what I thought, instead of just posting my controversial opinion then leaving.

Doctor, if you could type in actual sentences, I could reply. But, I have no idea what you are talking about.

• Plus1 1