Still want to keep Diaco?

9 minutes ago, Vitalis Jackson said:

Guess what? Wisconsin has a great football team and will probably be undefeated during the regular season. Get over it.

Anger is the hillbilly solution to all problems. It actually doesn't work in real life.

I don't know, I think we were pretty angry at Japan in WW2.  You can get off your damn high horse whenever you see fit, fella.  Nobody here is impressed by you.  Love how you bark orders, then talk down to people.  Lucky you didn't choke on that silver spoon when you were little, bub.

If the guys can't like up and hold their own on a "man to man" basis, then bring more help. It was obvious we couldn't stopwhat they were doing best with our base scheme, so at least try something different to make them adapt. 

Their QB is just average. At least try to make him have to make plays to win. Try loading the box and at least force some long yardage situations. 

And maybe they did and that didn't work either. 

24 minutes ago, 3rd and long said:

If the guys can't like up and hold their own on a "man to man" basis, then bring more help. It was obvious we couldn't stopwhat they were doing best with our base scheme, so at least try something different to make them adapt. 

Their QB is just average. At least try to make him have to make plays to win. Try loading the box and at least force some long yardage situations

And maybe they did and that didn't work either. 

Our lack of linebacker talent makes that very difficult.  You're inviting the kind of runs they had prior to halftime with that scenario.

I have never liked the 3-4 defense and have nothing this year to make me change my mind.  Diaco has the playing better but not good enough.  Their fundamentals are lacking resulting in too many missed tackles and far too many yards after contact.  Diaco could only make this defense reasonably goo with three linemen like Suh.  As long as the CBs play soft, we won't win against good teams.

The offensive line is not nearly as good as it needs to be for a winning season.  They are susceptible to short passes and runs from the guards out. Lee does well when not being pressured which is not often.  We have good runners but not good blocking.  Some of the play calls end our drives.  This season is essentially over before mid season.

You serious?

This is NOT a Defense problem. 

We were in this game in the 4th quarter DESPITE an offense that scored 10 whole points and gave 7 back.

Wisconsin's offense ran 6 more plays than our offense did. 6 MORE PLAYS... but they had over 13 more minutes of time of possession. That TOP isn't all on our D.

Our D is undersized and was worn down and the Offense gave them almost zero help and once again put them in an instant hole to start the game.

• Plus1 1

I honestly at this point done see why this is so hard to understand.  The big 10 has big guys in the trenches...it historically has.  So why in gods good glory would you not recruit for that or atleast train for it.  Doesnt matter what offence you run, you know there going to recruit bigger guys for there lines so why is it not obvious you are needing to do the same thing.  Either its bigger guys to make the holes or to stop the d from crashing the pocket.  That is what you train for, weve been in this conference for a while now and ill say this.  Despite all of our were better than iowa speeches they dont get there ass handed to them when they lose.  Oh sure they lose but not like weve been.

• Plus1 1