Still want to keep Diaco?

2 minutes ago, MacNCheeze said:

I honestly at this point done see why this is so hard to understand.  The big 10 has big guys in the trenches...it historically has.  So why in gods good glory would you not recruit for that or atleast train for it.  Doesnt matter what offence you run, you know there going to recruit bigger guys for there lines so why is it not obvious you are needing to do the same thing.  Either its bigger guys to make the holes or to stop the d from crashing the pocket.  That is what you train for, weve been in this conference for a while now and ill say this.  Despite all of our were better than iowa speeches they dont get there ass handed to them when they lose.  Oh sure they lose but not like weve been.

The bolded is inaccurate. Just last year, PSU beat Iowa 41-14 and put up 599 total yards of offense. Most teams have bad losses and get their ass handed to them unless your name is fortunate enough to be Alabama.

• Plus1 2

FWIW ,I thought the defense looked pretty good for a D with obvious deficiencies in talent. I guess I'm so happy to not see the Peewee Prevent that any legit looking defense has me wearing rose-colored glasses. It was obvious that they wore us out and it was all bad from that point. We need some serious depth and a couple stud LB's....can't blame Diaco for that.

• Plus1 1

No.

His defense is only good against bad teams and teams that play conservative.

Wisconsin has a good offense but they are very one-dimensional and really have no play-makers in the passing game.  They are #84 in the country in passing.  We knew they would run.  They did run.  We couldn't stop it.  They averaged nearly eight yards per carry even though we knew what they were going to do.  They barely threw it and when they did they did it poorly.

And that's before you bring in what was happening against Arkansas State and Oregon (while they were actually trying).

The only reason it's looked better the previous three games is because we were playing teams that averaged about #100 in the country in offense.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Wisconsin has a good offense but they are very one-dimensional and really have no play-makers in the passing game.  They are #84 in the country in passing.  We knew they would run.  They did run.  We couldn't stop it.  They averaged nearly eight yards per carry even though we knew what they were going to do.  They barely threw it and when they did they did it poorly.

Sounds like 2012 CCG.

15 hours ago, southernoregonhusker said:

Diaco didn't miss any tackles.  In the 3-4, the linebackers have to tackle.  Our linebackers stink.  It's just that simple.  I've said it a million times.  We don't have talent.  it showed again tonight against a team that many on this board think have less talent than us.  Did it really look that way to anybody?

That's just wrong.  The OLBs were completely out of position to stop Wisconsin the entire second half.  That's coaching.

13 minutes ago, Mavric said:

The only reason it's looked better the previous three games is because we were playing teams that averaged about #100 in the country in offense.

There's certainly been some improvements from the first three to the second three, though that's mostly because the first three set the bar so low.

7 hours ago, Hayseed said:

FWIW ,I thought the defense looked pretty good for a D with obvious deficiencies in talent. I guess I'm so happy to not see the Peewee Prevent that any legit looking defense has me wearing rose-colored glasses. It was obvious that they wore us out and it was all bad from that point. We need some serious depth and a couple stud LB's....can't blame Diaco for that.

Nebraska #29, Wisconsin #37

https://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite

Riley has more raw talent on the roster than Chryst.  Look what they've done with it.

• Plus1 1

Yeah, it's the first year of a big transition on both sides of the ball. But that was not good. Wisconsin played sound for the most part and just beat us. I mean, they are a top ten team for a reason. I think Nebraska can build towards there but of course there's a ways to go and work to be done right now.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Mavric said:

Wisconsin rushing performances this year:

Utah State - 234 yards, 5.2 ypc

Florida Atlantic - 357 yards, 6.6 ypc

BYU - 235 yards, 4.8 ypc

Northwestern - 109 yards, 2.9 ypc

Nebraska - 353 yards, 7.2 ypc

I was trying to predict how someone might try to spin those numbers and put them in a good light.  I've got nothing.