Stop

6 hours ago, Hans Gruber said:

I feel confident in saying that if he finishes with a losing record, then he'll get fired. Not a hot take. Two losing seasons in three years gets you fired at most Power Five schools.

and not only that, no losing seasons, and a truculent demeanor  gets you fired, so who knows?

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Hm?    I agree there is way too much negativity but nearly all of the opinions expressed hereon are done with the intention making the Huskers better.   Not sure 'shut up' is fair.  Perhaps the most negatives could be phrased a tad less harsh but honest views ought to be offered freely. 

That’s fine, but if I go to see any thread about a recruit or something Riley being gone always gets brought up and everyone gets all pissy. 

So since all of you are so experts why would we allow Riley to hire a big name D-coordinator just to fire Riley the first year we have him? Do you really think Frost wants to come here? I’ve heard of multiple coaches who have turned us down and if you think Riley was Eichorsts first choice you’re wrong. 

14 minutes ago, Huskers44 said:

That’s fine, but if I go to see any thread about a recruit or something Riley being gone always gets brought up and everyone gets all pissy. 

So since all of you are so experts why would we allow Riley to hire a big name D-coordinator just to fire Riley the first year we have him? Do you really think Frost wants to come here? I’ve heard of multiple coaches who have turned us down and if you think Riley was Eichorsts first choice you’re wrong. 

I don't think we did try to hire anyone else did we?  I have never heard any names mentioned, but have always been curious about that?

18 minutes ago, Huskers44 said:

Well the good news is, if any outside coaches were worried about us firing a 9 win/year coach, they don't have to worry now.  Riley couldn't get 9 wins this year if his life depended on it.

Yes firing a 9 win coach makes you look a bit nuts, but firing a 4-8 coach is something everyone understands.

• Plus1 3
7 hours ago, Huskers44 said:

We aren’t firing Riley this year so just get over it. Honestly all the talk is getting so annoying and way too much negativity. Are we a good team? Not really, but he’s going nowhere so either support the team or shut up. 

6 hours ago, moveitforward said:

You are correct, and we should support our coach and our team. Although declining in number, there are still too many in our fan base living in the 90s, and think it is as simple as  hiring yet another new coach to return to national prominence. With so many fans with unrealistic expectations, who would want the job? I am glad Riley has stuck with us.

Well today I learned that Mike Riley has taken the Kevin Durant route making multiple accounts to say good things about himself. Very hip

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, Huskers44 said:

We aren’t firing Riley this year so just get over it. Honestly all the talk is getting so annoying and way too much negativity. Are we a good team? Not really, but he’s going nowhere so either support the team or shut up. 

This is not going to age well. 

• Plus1 2
35 minutes ago, billdozer15 said:

Lol. If the coach that shall remain nameless looses on the road at Purdue, I'd be shocked if we don't Lane Kiffin his ass. Given that, there is no way he survives this year..none..zero..zilch.

Are you referring to the coach whose name is in your signature?  I think 1 & 2 aren't happening.

5 hours ago, unlfan said:

This will be the tough part. Could take years to undo the damage Riley has done. They have been trained that losing is expected and acceptable. It’s toxic. The next guy has TONS of work to do.

I just posted this in another thread, but...

They weren't shocked by what they did in Maryland and they weren't shocked by what happened on Saturday. They were excited. They were happy, but this team expected to win those games. That's a fast turnaround from where we were, where they expect to beat really good teams. I think they're going to expect to win going forward. That doesn't mean we're going to win them all. I know they're going to go into games thinking they can win every one. I think that kind of confidence carries over to success on the field.

- Scott Frost

8 hours ago, alwayshusking said:

That seems a bit dramatic. Mike and his staff struggled to win some players over but not 30+ of them. Sending a few players packing won't kill the program.

It's a poor argument that has no real merit, other than to irrationally place blame on someone other than who's in charge.

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, Huskers44 said:

We've had one recruit in two months. I think it would actually pick up knowing a new coach was coming;....the university definitely has the players back in any transition.

• Plus1 3