Stop

17 hours ago, Hans Gruber said:

I feel confident in saying that if he finishes with a losing record, then he'll get fired. Not a hot take. Two losing seasons in three years gets you fired at most Power Five schools.

Exactly.  And that's what is going to happen.  I support the team so much that I want a better coach to come along and fix this mess.

12 minutes ago, Huskers44 said:

So we gave him a contract extension just to give him more money when we fire him? Seems legit. 

I seem to recall Callahan having his contract extended prior to the 07 season. 

There is no shroud of mystery surrounding Mike Riley's fate at this point. The guy that hired him literally got fired a few weeks ago and we just got jailsexed by Wisconsin at home. 

He gone. 

• Plus1 3

7 minutes ago, unlfan said:

Fully aware that majority of fan base thinks Riley sucks. It's pretty evident and undeniable at this point.

However, I don't think everyone appreciates the power of a losing culture. Apathy is setting in thanks to Mike Riley. The bar has been lowered from "lets please not get blown out in big games" to "lets please beat Minnesota and Northwestern to have a remote possibility at 6 wins"

That is a very dangerous thing for a program that can set it back years. Yes, I'm sure the players want to win, but losing is now normal to them. Its toxic.

If you actually think that because Riley's record sucks the players will automatically play with no heart or desire to win for the next guy, you must really think our players are stupid.

I think the situation is out of the university's hands all together.  If we really want Frost, and there doesn't appear to be any reason why he wouldn't be our #1 choice at this point, we will have to make a move whenever he is available.  He is going to be one of the hottest coaches if he keeps up his success and we will miss out on him if we don't have an opening.  If Frost isn't interested or doesn't want to move on yet, then I am all for giving Riley more time but I don't think there's much of an option if it comes down to Frost or a 4th year for Riley.

Just now, STL Husker said:

I think the situation is out of the university's hands all together.  If we really want Frost, and there doesn't appear to be any reason why he wouldn't be our #1 choice at this point, we will have to make a move whenever he is available.  He is going to be one of the hottest coaches if he keeps up his success and we will miss out on him if we don't have an opening.  If Frost isn't interested or doesn't want to move on yet, then I am all for giving Riley more time but I don't think there's much of an option if it comes down to Frost or a 4th year for Riley.

If the season goes as the predictions say, I don't think you can afford to keep Riley, because of fan apathy. Next year's schedule is much harder, but you can almost write it off with a new coach.

• Plus1 1
Just now, unlfan said:

Not at all. I think our players have no idea what it takes to win at a good level, let alone a great level. 0% players fault. All on this sham coaching staff for bringing in a losing culture where losses are celebrated with ice cream with sprinkles.

Keep spinning it, eventually someone will buy that quilt you're selling.

• Plus1 1

I keep reading how it was not the Defense's fault, they were out there "the whole game".  I remember looking up at the scoreboard in the 3rd quarter, and both teams had ran about the same number of plays.  So, I looked up the box score for the game and we ran 61 plays and Wisconsin ran  65 plays.  Our D was not out there any more than Wisconsin's was.....should their D not have been as tired/worn down as ours was?  Isn't this the same NU D which was on the field for a HUGE amount of snaps vs Arkansas State too?  I get tired of the excuses people come up with to justify things.  Yes, NU was getting clobbered the 2nd half, but play wise, it was very even.

• Plus1 1

44 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

I support the team so much that I want a better coach to come along and fix this mess.

Can we drop the whole "I'm a better fan because I want the coach fired/retained"? It's stupid. What you think is the best path forward has nothing to do with how much you support the team or how good of a fan you are. We all want the team to excel.

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Can we drop the whole "I'm a better fan because I want the coach fired/retained"? It's stupid. What you think is the best path forward has nothing to do with how much you support the team or how good of a fan you are. We all want the team to excel.

Yes! This!

1 hour ago, unlfan said:

Not at all. I think our players have no idea what it takes to win at a good level, let alone a great level. 0% players fault. All on this sham coaching staff for bringing in a losing culture where losses are celebrated with ice cream with sprinkles.

Do you have any video? I always wanted to know what flavor they gave the players.