Scott Frost is the next Tom Osborne

jessica0

Tom Osborne was a confident man that spoke with confidence, calmness, assertiveness, he had his players attention and they bought in. 

When you watch Scott Frost's pressers, his pregame speeches, etc, you can see a lot of similarities. Coach Frost believes in his system. He has confidence that what he does in practice and game prep will work and his players feed off of it. He has his team bought in already and they are play some amazing football. They are sound. They play hard, They play with passion. They continue to work hard to keep improvement. Every week you can see the improvement in that team. Against Cincinnati the offense scored on every drive and had over 500 yards of offense and they didn't play a 4th quarter. 

I am a strong believer that Scott Frost would bring Nebraska back to it's glory. I'm not saying the will be a run like the 90's, but a contender for the B1G West every year is a realistic thing that Coach Frost can accomplish. 

Coach Frost doesn't recruit just to get elite talent, he recruits players that will fit his scheme. He is a scheme coach. Belichick is a scheme coach. When he gets new talent for his team he looks at what they can do for his team and if they meet a need, not just getting the big name on the market to make a splash on the team. Coach Frost is like that. He recruited a speedy running back that is undersized but when you see him on the football field, there is no way that kid wasn't good enough for an offer from bigger schools. 

Coach Frost leads the nation in scoring per game and he also has one of the biggest point differentials of the season. 

Nebraska would be stupid not to hire Coach Frost at the end of this season. If Nebraska doesn't hire him at the end of the season, there will be other P5 programs that will come calling and that will likely mean he would be gone for forever and winning big at other schools. The time is now to offer Coach Frost the Nebraska job (at season end). 

• Plus1 4

9 minutes ago, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

Hey how bout we drop those expectations down a couple notches for a bit. The last thing we want is to get booed in Memorial for too high of expectations.

How is competing for the B1G West unrealistic? Did you read what I wrote or just read the title and assume things? 

• Plus1 1

This is all great but alot of this can be said about alot of coaches. So many people say "scheme fit" players is a bit of a myth outside of the QB position. Talented players excel in nearly any system. Not to poo poo your post too much though, I would be excited to get Frost here but I think the hype is a little out of hand. 

Scott Frost once asked me to go out for a drink with him, I said okay.  He takes me to an empty lot and sat down.  I said "what are we doing?"  Scott just says, "now we wait".  We sat for an entire year until finally someone constructed a bar around us!  On opening night Scott ordered us two shots of whiskey, we took them.  Then Scott burns the place to the ground out of nowhere.  He says to me over the roar of the flames, "Always leave things the way you found them!".

• Plus1 1