Racism - It's a real thing.

10 hours ago, ZRod said:

Might not necessarily be racist, but whoever did it is a piece of s#!t.

Sawing down a Jackie Robinson statue is a choice, an effort and a risk. Burning it up was either a panicky attempt to hide the evidence, or an extra cruel bit of theater. Either way it's hard to imagine race wasn't behind it.

The video evidence is murky, but I bet the guys get caught. Can't wait to hear their story. 

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

You can saw through that?  That is crazy!  I always thought it was solid.  But that still had to take hours, right?  

And doesn't the statue weigh a crazy amount?

People are a$$h@!es.  

• TBH 2
31 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Sawing down a Jackie Robinson statue is a choice, an effort and a risk. Burning it up was either a panicky attempt to hide the evidence, or an extra cruel bit of theater. Either way it's hard to imagine race wasn't behind it.

The video evidence is murky, but I bet the guys get caught. Can't wait to hear their story. 

it was destroyed the day before his birthday.  that seems to add evidence that it was race related.

• Plus1 1
27 minutes ago, teachercd said:

You can saw through that?  That is crazy!  I always thought it was solid.  But that still had to take hours, right?  

And doesn't the statue weigh a crazy amount?

People are a$$h@!es.  

it was made of bronze and steel.    it weighed about 2,000 pounds.although a lot of that was left in the base.  bronze isn't that tough to saw through

• 2 weeks later...