Tre Bryant

On 10/19/2017 at 8:38 PM, tfree32 said:

If the boosters hadn’t been clamoring for him and Osborne hadn’t fixated on him, how many good coaches could have been brought in instead of Pelini?

I don't think Osborne fixated on Pelini, unless by 'fixated', you mean what anybody does with the person they ultimately hire. Even before he'd fired Callahan, he'd made arrangements with a search firm and told them not to tell him the candidates until he'd made up his mind about BC.

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 0:35 PM, Husker in WI said:

That's super helpful - I there might be some debate about whether it's truly incapacitating since he's already getting close to back, I don't know how picky they are about that. I'm not sure the NCAA will buy "knee issues" as a season-ending injury, but I'm sure they get more details than we do. If 'season-ending' just means he doesn't play again that year, barring a setback sounds like it's up to him and the coaches. It would really suck if they denied it because it shouldn't have stopped him from coming back though.

If I read it right, he could still play an entire game and still be eligible for the medical redshirt?  If he is close to being back, I guess he could try a game and see how it goes?  

2 hours ago, krc1995 said:

If I read it right, he could still play an entire game and still be eligible for the medical redshirt?  If he is close to being back, I guess he could try a game and see how it goes?  

The injury has to be season ending. If he plays in one game he loses the option. Also something in the rule to prevent teams from just saying the player couldnt return.

5 hours ago, desertshox said:

The injury has to be season ending. If he plays in one game he loses the option. Also something in the rule to prevent teams from just saying the player couldnt return.

But he could play up to three games?  Personally I think he should shut it down for the rest of the year. He's way too young 

jmo, but, going by some of the things i have read about chronic knee problems, along with coach riley's comments that tre had this problem while in high school and that his knees are those of a much older person-------i have to really wonder if fans see much of tre again. think this was a big gamble by the staff and may have lost. don't get me wrong, wish nothing but the best for tre and would love to see him return......but, with those knees...

the women's bb team may have a similar problem with rachel blackburn. i noticed in one photo she has big braces on both knees. she missed last season and really have to wonder how much they will get out of her the rest of her career.