** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

6 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Still plenty of time for UCF to move up. They still have four games left (five with the title game) and I'd wager if they're undefeated and unblemished after all that, they'll be in the Top 4. 

I'd take that wager, because it isn't happening....I'd be surprised if they got into the top 8, and if they do get in the top 8 it'll be a token vote in my opinion. A New Year's Six bowl will be their peak.

Edited by B.B. Hemingway
5 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Still plenty of time for UCF to move up. They still have four games left (five with the title game) and I'd wager if they're undefeated and unblemished after all that, they'll be in the Top 4. 

No chance.

Western Michigan went 13-0 last year and finished 15 in the final CFP poll.

Houston went 12-1 in 2015 and finished 18th in the final CFP poll

8 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

They're playing with a 2 loss handicap. They compare very favorably to Wisconsin, with a much bigger win, and they're 9 spots behind them based on conference affiliation alone. SOS is what is hurting them and that won't get better as the season goes on, relative to the power conferences.

5 minutes ago, Enhance said:

The only way UCF makes it into the top 4 is if they're vying for position against several P5 schools with two or more losses. They'd have to have a lot of things happen that don't normally happen. It's an incredible long shot.

And I'd still bet that there'd be a few 2 loss teams that would get in before they would.

• Plus1 2
27 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Not likely. Even if they are undefeated, they will not be in the playoffs.

(only way is if they were to score like 85 points against whoever in their Conference Championship game)

Edited by ScottyIce
22 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I'd take that wager, because it isn't happening....I'd be surprised if they got into the top 8, and if they do get in the top 8 it'll be a token vote in my opinion. A New Year's Six bowl will be their peak.

I'd also bet that Notre Dame isn't making it into the playoffs. No P5 Conference = No Chance

1 minute ago, ScottyIce said:

I'd also bet that Notre Dame isn't making it into the playoffs. No P5 Conference = No Chance

Notre Dame is most definitely the exception to that rule.... If they finish with 1 loss I promise you they'll be in. Their one loss would be to Georgia who is currently sitting at #1.

Edited by B.B. Hemingway

2 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

(only way is if they were to score like 85 points against whoever in their Conference Championship game)

Which is most likely Memphis, and beating them by a significant margin already hasn't helped. Can't imagine they'd get a ton of credit in a rematch.

4 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Notre Dame is most definitely the exception to that rule.... If they finish with 1 loss I promise you they'll be in. Their one loss would be to Georgia who is currently sitting at #1.

So.... What happens when...

Georgia loses to Bama in the SEC Championship Game?

Notre Dame has 4 tough games left, then no Championship Game as a final showcase.

I don't think they end up in the playoffs.

Final 4 will be:

Alabama

Georgia

Clemson

Ohio State

sorry for the tangent guys. Will stop now.

Edited by ScottyIce