** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

I swear to Head Lee Lavar Ball that if the next coach, whoever it is, thinks another QB with the last name "Lee" is a good fit, I'm done.  That includes Frost.  

The only Lee going forward should be Head Lee Lavar Ball.  Zac Lee, Tanner Lee, Zane Lee, Bryson Lee, Mitch Lee....no good.  

My gut feeling tells me Florida will name a head coach soon, maybe it's their ego and arrogance, but I don't see them wanting to wait to name their head coach and want to get things going now. They've been without a head coach for almost a month, and are probably putting some pressure on Frost to announce to be their coach asap. I think the Gators go elsewhere and they name a head coach sometime this week, leaving it to be us vs UCF.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Keith.Wassung said:

Think about Florida for a second (and my wife and her brothers are Alums)

Steve Spurrier leaves there.....goes to SC

Urban Meyer leaves there....citing "health reasons".....goes to OSU
Jim McElwain coaches there this year this and is fired after citing death threats ( and a losing season)

Does that sound like a great place to coach? 

No it does not.  But then they could make a list about us as well. 

1 minute ago, BoneyardHusker said:

My gut feeling tells me Florida will name a head coach soon, maybe it's their ego and arrogance, but I don't see them wanting to wait to name their head coach and want to get things going now. They've been without a head coach for almost a month, and are probably putting some pressure on Frost to announce to be their coach asap. I think the Gators go elsewhere and they name a head coach sometime this week, leaving it to be us vs UCF.

Hopefully us vs UCF happens off the football field.  otherwise outlook not so good.

1 minute ago, BoneyardHusker said:

You would think just for recruiting purposes if nothing else. 

Just now, krc1995 said:

Exactly this. Florida has been without a head coach for too long and they put all their eggs into Chip Kelly and it failed. They are probably in urgency mode right now and will want to get things done fast. I am going to say Mullens is named their head coach by mid week.

So did florida really pursue frost before?   

I think it went this way....

they talked to frosts people, found out how much it would cost, decided to pursue chip first, and then are now coming back to him.   

I think that hurts their chances as now he’s not their first choice.  Makes them look like they didn’t really value him at first.   I think this is going to be a nail biter though!  

Just now, krc1995 said:

That he knows a top 5 booster?

That there was a plane that flew to Dallas on 11/4?

That Riley would be fired? 

What is even the discussion about? I’m not disagreeing with anything. 

Just that Frost agreed in principle to coach at NU.  Several other posters have said he is N as well.  I'm just saying I haven't heard anything that leads me to believe that is not the case.  I'm less confident after the presser, but am hong that was just Moos doing a little gamesmanship and also letting the other potential candidates know that until the ink is dry, the HC is still open.

I think UF will strike first.  They want someone ASAP after missing on Chip and allegedly Frost on their first try.  If no new rumors come out from them, that's bad.  IMHO, means they are zeroing in on Frost.  If we start to hear new names or "better info" about our new HC prior to this up coming weekend, that's bad for us as Frost has probably told us know.  

One thing I did like that I heard was that Moos is more concerned with getting the right coach than beating the early signing period...Also mentioned running the ball, the pros of a mobile QB and the option.....Sounds like Frost..   

• Plus1 3

Florida could also go after the Memphis coach. I thought I heard Norvell was an early candidate for the Gators when it first opened up.

Huskinator may be right and in that case Nebraska is going to have to be ready to defend and angry and embarrassed Florida athletic department, because they may be looking at this as they can't publically be embarrassed and turned down twice.

Thanks for taking your search public Florida.

Funny story. I was in a public restroom stall when I was taking a dump. The dump reminded me of this football season so I got out my phone to see if Mike Riley was fired. Found out he just got fired and was basically smiling with joy at my phone. Ended up not locking the stall on accident and some dude with his kid opened it up as I was smiling and staring at my phone.... Very very awkward day today...

• Plus1 4
4 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

I agree with that for UF.  Our class os now down to I think 7 IIRC....not good at all.  I'd like to think some who were "really committed to NU would wait until Feb to see who our coach was....Then again, the whole bird in a hand thing....Can't blame them for signing early.  Wait and you might no longer have that offer....

If it is Frost, and he's named after the AAC game, no problem.  Now if there is something that says we won't announce until after the bowl, it might not hurt us a much as our class is already imploding. Some of the true "blue chip" guys can probably wait longer (till normal signing day) as they are in greater demand.  

IMHO, a new coach to NU would do well to hit the Juco route quickly to get some bodies in ASAP that can help...

7 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Exactly this. Florida has been without a head coach for too long and they put all their eggs into Chip Kelly and it failed. They are probably in urgency mode right now and will want to get things done fast. I am going to say Mullens is named their head coach by mid week.

Yup. I don’t think they can wait until next week which is a requirement if you want Frost.