** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

For the people who wouldn’t be happy with Fuente, taking Frost off the table who would you be happy with?

I would be happy with Patterson or Fuente to be honest.  Fuente did a heck of a job putting Memphis on the map.  If neither of those, I would like to see Nebraska lure Stoops out of retirement.  

• Plus1 1
Just now, Hedley Lamarr said:

You are right, he probably just made all of it up. I have literally messaged people two of the names that footballscoop dropped today, days ago. 

I am just trying to pass along what I view as credible information from someone who knows a lot more than we do. My apologies. You take the reins from here. 

It was really a legit question not a snipe at you.  I’ve never had the pleasure of knowing a big booster. 

Just now, tfree32 said:

The only realistic candidate I would prefer even over Frost is Chris Petersen. Moos seemed to indicate he had already talked to him and he was happy at Washington. I’ve read elsewhere that may not really be the case, as he has had some run ins with the administration. But I think he’s a phenomenal coach, one if the few I would prefer to Frost.

Yes, Petersen and Patterson were my top 2 choices not named Frost, but Moos indicated that Petersen is happy at Washington.

It's going to be an interesting few days.  If we don't announce Frost by next Sun Dec3, then I'd say it's probably a no.

I do not think @Hedley Lamarrhas back tracked at all.  It was always a verbal agreement.  NU has offered and Frost agreed in principle.  He isn't going to sign until the end of the regular season.  Perhaps UF has made an offer he can't refuse.  Then Frost chooses not to sign.  Doesn't change Hedley's info....

Reading the posts, I think Moos was simply playing the "game".  With al the interest in Frost, he can't over play his hand.  If Frost is already N, both he and Moos know this, but Moos is letting Frost (more probable his agent) that we other options and some of he options want us as well.....

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

You are right, he probably just made all of it up. I have literally messaged people two of the names that footballscoop dropped today, days ago. 

I am just trying to pass along what I view as credible information from someone who knows a lot more than we do. My apologies. You take the reins from here. 

Well at least pm me the info. You had the timing and format of today spot on. You have my vote of confidence.

1 minute ago, tfree32 said:

The only realistic candidate I would prefer even over Frost is Chris Petersen. Moos seemed to indicate he had already talked to him and he was happy at Washington. I’ve read elsewhere that may not really be the case, as he has had some run ins with the administration. But I think he’s a phenomenal coach, one if the few I would prefer to Frost.

OK....Chris Peterson too.

6 minutes ago, Red Five said:

For the people who wouldn’t be happy with Fuente, taking Frost off the table who would you be happy with?

Therein lies the problem for me.  No one else makes any sense at all.  You need to be confident in closing the deal.  If you can't close Frost,  it's all the same after that.  just throw a dart at a board.

Fuentes, Somelin, and Mullins are equally meh.  might as well put every egg in your top choice b/c you can just close your eyes and pull out of a hat for 2nd place and enjoy sustained 3-5 loss seasons with no upside.

Edited by 614Husker
3 minutes ago, tfree32 said:

Petersen would be great.  Patterson just signed with TCU for like more years...

Edited by lo country

Just now, lo country said:

It's going to be an interesting few days.  If we don't announce Frost by next Sun Dec3, then I'd say it's probably a no.

I do not think @Hedley Lamarrhas back tracked at all.  It was always a verbal agreement.  NU has offered and Frost agreed in principle.  He isn't going to sign until the end of the regular season.  Perhaps UF has made an offer he can't refuse.  Then Frost chooses not to sign.  Doesn't change Hedley's info....

Reading the posts, I think Moos was simply playing the "game".  With al the interest in Frost, he can't over play his hand.  If Frost is already N, both he and Moos know this, but Moos is letting Frost (more probable his agent) that we other options and some of he options want us as well.....

If this is true (and we’ll probably never know) Moos and Frost are two people I never want to play poker with.

Just now, 614Husker said:

Therein lies the problem for me.  No one else makes any sense at all.  You need to be confident in closing the deal.  If you can't close Frost,  it's all the same after that.  just throw a dart at a board.

Fuentes, Somelin, and Mullins are equally meh.  might as well put every egg in your top choice b/c you can just close your eyes and pull out of a hat for 2nd place.

You don't even know anything about these guys, do you? Can you even spell their names?

• Plus1 1
46 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

We offered the job to Scott in Dallas the weekend of 11/4. As of last Friday he verbally agreed. None of that has changed. I guess I do not know what in the press conference makes any of that void? 

You can't expect Moos to bring any of that to light. If Scott backs out and Moos says he offered someone and they verbally accepted but he cannot say who for a week then what? He literally has to play the cards he played today. Saying he had a list and was doing his due diligence etc....nothing he said makes me question anything I was told from a rather hefty booster. 

Some fans are just not very understanding and think things should be done out in the open and on their time frame. Fortunately, for many reasons, it doesn't work that way.

• Plus1 1