** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

7 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

He has never said that.  He said that there was a verbal agreement, which there is, and that it is up to Scott to sign the contract when the time comes.  That time has not come.  Hedley can't control if Frost changes his mind.  This is why the verbal contract has went away.

I think what KRC is referencing is Hedley's attitude, not necessarily his words. I don't think there is a conflict between how much of the contract can be done ahead of time, but I've also noticed a shift from "Don't worry, Frost is N" and "It's done, it will happen soon" to "We'll see if he's a man of his word" and "He has a choice to make". 

I don't think Hedley is a liar or trying to lead anyone astray but I think there is some nervousness about the perceived shift in confidence. 

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

We offered the job to Scott in Dallas the weekend of 11/4. As of last Friday he verbally agreed. None of that has changed. I guess I do not know what in the press conference makes any of that void? 

You can't expect Moos to bring any of that to light. If Scott backs out and Moos says he offered someone and they verbally accepted but he cannot say who for a week then what? He literally has to play the cards he played today. Saying he had a list and was doing his due diligence etc....nothing he said makes me question anything I was told from a rather hefty booster. 

Not to mention the fact people are making a big deal out of his press conference comments. He flat out said he’s looking at Scott Frost. That’s all anyone should care about

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, ATS Knight said:

I think what KRC is referencing is Hedley's attitude, not necessarily his words. I don't think there is a conflict between how much of the contract can be done ahead of time, but I've also noticed a shift from "Don't worry, Frost is N" and "It's done, it will happen soon" to "We'll see if he's a man of his word" and "He has a choice to make". 

I don't think Hedley is a liar or trying to lead anyone astray but I think there is some nervousness about the perceived shift in confidence. 

Then those people read too much into what was being typed, nothing has changed.

Everything will be clear a week from tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Sker4Ever said:

Not to mention the fact people are making a big deal out of his press conference comments. He flat out said he’s looking at Scott Frost. That’s all anyone should care about

That's all the clarification we need on the "major college coach" comment.  He certainly wasn't eliminating frost from the conversation when he said that. 

Hedley hasn't wavered a single time. Anyone saying otherwise hasn't been paying attention.

He said Frost has made a verbal agreement - i.e. he has said he will coach for Nebraska, and the only way he doesn't become the coach is if he reneges on his verbal agreement. Nothing Hedley has said has changed when it comes to this.

• Plus1 7

Just now, Moiraine said:

Hedley hasn't wavered a single time. Anyone saying otherwise hasn't been paying attention.

He said Frost has made a verbal agreement - i.e. he has said he will coach for Nebraska, and the only way he doesn't become the coach is if he reneges on his verbal agreement. Nothing Hedley has said has changed when it comes to this.

And if it changes or I hear something I will pass it along as soon as I get anything new. 

• Plus1 6