** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

25 minutes ago, MichiganDad3 said:

Me too. I am not keen on Fuentes. He has done no better than Bo.

Fuente resurrected a terrible Memphis program and turned a basketball school into a football school that competes at a very high level.  They are playing for  a conference championship with kids he helped recruit and develop.  The success that Mike Norvell is having this year is largely due to the foundation set by Fuente.  If Frost declines I think it would be a home run hire.  

Edited by o-line54
  • Plus1 2

15 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Sumlin is a pretty good coach, and is doing pretty well down at A&M.  I think he would be a great Plan B or Plan C.

Either way, if TAM fires him for performance, then why would we want him? Is that what we want now? Coaches that get fired for underperforming?

Also, I am not saying you are defending the idea, I know you are just answering the question.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Yes, that film is property of the Huskers, but I don't know what value the new head coach will have from that film.  He may not know the exact play call or what a player is being asked to do on a certain play.  

I thought he might want to watch the remaining players in action. Hey, I know nothing about coaching but I would think it would be helpful to see what he already has? Would that help him in getting to know his players better?

6 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

All I know is that this kinda goes against what Hedley has been reporting.

http://footballscoop.com/news/sources-matt-campbell-strong-candidate-nebraska/

No, it doesn't.  Everything rides on Scott.  If he says yes next week, we are done.  If not we are in on Fuente and Campbell.  He is a strong candidate.  Just not the first candidate.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, ladyhawke said:

I thought he might want to watch the remaining players in action. Hey, I know nothing about coaching but I would think it would be helpful to see what he already has? Would that help him in getting to know his players better?

I don't know much about football coaching either, and you are correct in that it might be helpful in understanding the roster.  However, unless the new coach has a deep understanding of what the old staff was doing and what is going on a certain play, it may not do any good to watch film.

Also, when the film looks as crappy as it probably does for this year's team, the new coach probably doesn't want to get preconceived opinions of players before seeing them in person.