** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

4 minutes ago, olddominionhusker said:

My God WTF did he say that has people doing this

Nothing. He just said he has a few coaches in mind, and no one has said no yet. The press asked him if Scott was his number one, or what it might mean if he didn't hire Scott, he danced around it, but didn't deny Frost as his primary target. Just said he didn't havr priorities right now. They asked if he had backups, he listed off quite a few coaches and what he new of them.

Edited by ZRod
1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

My view on the press conference is that he did a great job being respectful and professional to scott frost. 

Ditto, especially when he said he was willing to wait until after the recruiting deadline to sign the new HC. Bingo- If Scott wins the AAC championship then goes on to a bowl game then after the bowl game Moos announces Scott as our HC. 

1 minute ago, ladyhawke said:

Ditto, especially when he said he was willing to wait until after the recruiting deadline to sign the new HC. Bingo- If Scott wins the AAC championship then goes on to a bowl game then after the bowl game Moos announces Scott as our HC. 

I doubt some people here can handle that long of a wait.  They better see a therapist soon.  :D 

1 minute ago, ladyhawke said:

LH, this is where you get it wrong.  Moos won't wait to announce until after the bowl game, even if it's Frost.  Moos defines the season as through the conference championship games, and after those games, it's fair game to go after current coaches.

Just now, GamingGlen said:

I doubt some people here can handle that long of a wait.  They better see a therapist soon.  :D 

If it's Frost, it will be in the first week of December.  It won't go into January.

• Plus1 2

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

LH, this is where you get it wrong.  Moos won't wait to announce until after the bowl game, even if it's Frost.  Moos defines the season as through the conference championship games, and after those games, it's fair game to go after current coaches.

Got it! (I should’ve phrased that as a question instead of a statement.)

4 minutes ago, olddominionhusker said:

No. You can’t wait another month to have a coaching staff. 

YES you can - it is not about one day, one week, one month or one recruiting class.  It is about getting the right guy for the job - If  SF is the guy and he doesn't want to be announced for xxx amount of days - NU will wait.  The Philly question that was botched is proof enough that we have our guy......

on that note i think SF knows how important each recruiting class is and will want to announce after next week.

Edited by GBRFAN
  • Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

Question: will all of Nebraska’s football game films be available to the new HC?

Yes, that film is property of the Huskers, but I don't know what value the new head coach will have from that film.  He may not know the exact play call or what a player is being asked to do on a certain play.  Most coaches will want to trust their own eyes in terms of seeing things in practice and scrimmages.

Edited by ColoradoHusk
1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Seriously. You wait until New Year and the State of Nebraska will look like something out of the Walking Dead

• Plus1 1