** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

24 minutes ago, southernoregonhusker said:

So all of the other coaches got canned today?!?!  That's a little surprising from a recruiting stand point, but none of them should have been surprised they were let go.  

I understand you want a POC for recruits to talk to but no one is commiting until they know who the staff is. No one needed to be kept to recruit for ciaches who aren't even here yet.

Just now, Moiraine said:

Why?

He has a good poker face.

He could have left it at Scott Frost is a great coach and we’re certainly interested but right now he’s in the middle of a great season. He didn’t have to add that he’s pursuing others. 

3 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

Sounds like Moos’ presser went well and he impressed a lot of the people there. Mentioned that there are 6 names on his list and no one has told him no. Did say that the budget isn’t unlimited and that it’s important to be sensible, but that we also have to compete for market rates.

Wonder... besides Frost who is on that list?

Edited by Decked
1 minute ago, krc1995 said:

He could have left it at Scott Frost is a great coach and we’re certainly interested but right now he’s in the middle of a great season. He didn’t have to add that he’s pursuing others. 

He'd be stupid to not consider other coaches besides Frost.  Moos has to have backup plans if Plan A doesn't work, assuming Frost is Plan A.

Just now, HuskerNation1 said:

My top 3 choices outside of Frost that have not won a NC and are not at their alma mater are Petetsen, Patterson, and Fuente. He pretty much confirmed Petersen is happy at Washington and Nebraska will not be going after him.

I think Moos's people reached out to Petersen about his interest in leaving Washington and Petersen replied with "Nah, I'm good."