** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 hour ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I would be happy with Patterson or Fuente to be honest.  Fuente did a heck of a job putting Memphis on the map.  If neither of those, I would like to see Nebraska lure Stoops out of retirement.  

I was hoping a reporter would bring up Stoops during the press conference.  But I imagine if it were Stoops, we'd have heard by now since he's not coaching.

1 minute ago, Excel said:

Lane wouldn't be a bad choice. It would piss off half of the SEC and be super entertaining. 

I actually think Lane would succeed as a P5 head coach, if he was given another opportunity.  He did very well at USC in his first 2 years, under NCAA sanctions.  He just lost the team in his 3rd and 4th years.

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I actually think Lane would succeed as a P5 head coach, if he was given another opportunity.  He did very well at USC in his first 2 years, under NCAA sanctions.  He just lost the team in his 3rd and 4th years.

Agreed, with Chavis or Pelini as DC he'd do quite well.

9 minutes ago, olddominionhusker said:

Because everyone knows this won’t happen. No program is waiting until January with literally ONE active coach on the roster. There is a difference between a bad recruiting close and literally quitting on recruiting altogether. This scenario is every bit as likely as Bill Belichek coming on as Frosts defensive coordinator. 

It's not likely nor is it probable BUT (again) IF that is the only way we get Scott it would be worth it.  What do coaches do who miss the recruitment period? Are they just out of luck? (Sincere question. I also respectfully disagree-not everyone knows this won't happen or they wouldn't be making comments like the one I bolded.).

1 minute ago, ladyhawke said:

It's not likely nor is it probable BUT (again) IF that is the only way we get Scott it would be worth it.  What do coaches do who miss the recruitment period? Are they just out of luck? (Sincere question. I also respectfully disagree-not everyone knows this won't happen or they wouldn't be making comments like the one I bolded.).

Frost wouldn't force NU to wait to announce his hire until after the bowl game.  He may want to coach the bowl game, but again he would be fine with NU announcing the hire.  Your hypothetical doesn't make any sense.

• Plus1 2

24 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

"One thing I did like that I heard was that Moos is more concerned with getting the right coach than beating the early signing period."

"If it is Frost, and he's named after the AAC game, no problem.  Now if there is something that says we won't announce until after the bowl, it might not hurt us a much as our class is already imploding."

And people wonder why I think that we might have to wait until AFTER Scott's bowl game before he is announced. IF that is a condition for us getting Scott to come home then I say, 'The best things in life come to those who wait.'

If the next coach won't be announced until after their bowl game, Moos should be fired for incompetence. Either the next coach wants to be here, or he doesn't and we move on.

1 hour ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Yes, he is.  If a sitting Power 5 Head Coach with two out of two years of 9/10 wins wants to jump to Nebraska, that is a prestige building home run hire.  That is as good of a Plan B as anyone has ever had.

And if Bud Foster comes with...

tenor.gif

• Plus1 1
Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

Frost wouldn't force NU to wait to announce his hire until after the bowl game.  He may want to coach the bowl game, but again he would be fine with NU announcing the hire.  Your hypothetical doesn't make any sense.

It just doesn't make any sense to you. Others are discussing this as a possibility. 

Like I said (again) IF this was a condition you can bet we would wait.  Like I also said, it's NOT probable. Open your mind.  

Just now, ladyhawke said:

It just doesn't make any sense to you. Others are discussing this as a possibility. 

Like I said (again) IF this was a condition you can bet we would wait.  Like I also said, it's NOT probable. Open your mind.  

You are the only one discussing this as a possibility.  I have not seen anyone else say that we would wait until January to announce Frost as the coach.  If I haven't seen them, then my fault, but those are moronic posts, as well.

• Plus1 2
Just now, ladyhawke said:

No, we wouldn't wait, and we shouldn't. What happens if Frost then changes his mind after the bowl game? Then we're epicly, royally screwed. It's enormously stupid to completely bend over for some candidate, even Frost. Frost either wants to coach here or he doesn't. If he wants to wait until after a bowl game, then Moos will find another HC.