** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

4 minutes ago, MacNCheeze said:

I dont think it comes down to money at this point.  I think its between us and ucf.  Florida has so many more problems as far as expectations it isnt even funny.  Either he comes here to fix this or stays at ucf to make it better.

UCF is out of it at this point honestly.  They can't match any offers that will be made.  It's us and Florida, and they are going to come HARD!

10 minutes ago, MacNCheeze said:

I dont think it comes down to money at this point.  I think its between us and ucf.  Florida has so many more problems as far as expectations it isnt even funny.  Either he comes here to fix this or stays at ucf to make it better.

Yep. I think people are underestimating how toxic the Florida atmosphere is. Of their last 3 coaches, one faked a heart condition and the other death threats to GTFO. Nebraska may not be the best job in the world but there are a lot worse places to be

Edited by olddominionhusker

Just now, Redux said:

UCF is out of it at this point honestly.  They can't match any offers that will be made.  It's us and Florida, and they are going to come HARD!

And Frost told them yesterday after he was asked his reps meeting Florida - "I am my representative and I will be at home with my wife and baby.'" Aka read between the lines. 

9 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

I guess so. Mods, delete that post if you want. Sorry. Back to lurking.

Don't feel bad.  I did the same thing a few pages ago.  In a thread with >10,000 posts you can't look at them all to see if something was already posted.

• Plus1 2
Just now, Redux said:

Not only that, but you can never reach the pinnacle there. You will never be in the playoff. You will play to half full stadiums most weekends. I just don’t see how they compete if a coach is looking long term and has any ambition.  But, who knows maybe money and prestige aren’t what drive Frost. I don’t know him personally so I have no idea. 

Just now, olddominionhusker said:

Not only that, but you can never reach the pinnacle there. You will never be in the playoff. You will play to half full stadiums most weekends. I just don’t see how they compete if a coach is looking long term and has any ambition.  But, who knows maybe money and prestige aren’t what drive Frost. I don’t know him personally so I have no idea. 

For UCF to get over the hump as a program a move will have to be made.