** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

6 minutes ago, Redux said:

For UCF to get over the hump as a program a move will have to be made.

Right and they honestly aren’t attractive as a P5 add. They have something like 8 sellouts in 11 years. The have zero national footprint. I guess maybe I could see the ACC adding them...but if I’m a P5 I’m looking at Houston, SMU, and Memphis among others before UCF

Edited by olddominionhusker

2 minutes ago, Rike Miley said:

Fuentes. Fuentes. Fuentes. This post is to piss off all the grammar nazis and a-holes that feel the need to show everyone how much smarter they are than everyone else. 

Naturally the guy who couldn't get our last two head coaches names right would have a problem with the grammar police.:D:lol:

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, olddominionhusker said:

Right and they honestly aren’t attractive as a P5 add. They have something like 8 sellouts in 11 years. The have zero national footprint. I guess maybe I could see the ACC adding them...

Would be a solid option for Big 12 and likely the only offer they ever get.  Orlando would be a great footprint to add to the picture for the league and they would probably add at least another from that region as well.

7 minutes ago, Redux said:

UCF is out of it at this point honestly.  They can't match any offers that will be made.  It's us and Florida, and they are going to come HARD!

I dont think its about money.  Whats the point between 5 mil and 6 mil.  Bigger mansion, no scott frost doesnt take me as a mansion person. Its about what he can do,  Either he can keep building where he is at or come here and rebuild where i think he will be pretty much handed the keys to the city.  He will have whatever at his disposal plus an entire fanbase to back him and an entire admistration behind him also.  He will be on a short leash in florida where here he would be given time.  He is not floridas son he is nebraskas and i think he knows that.

Just now, MacNCheeze said:

Either he can keep building where he is at or come here and rebuild where i think he will be pretty much handed the keys to the city.  

But he is about to hit his ceiling at UCF with a win next week.  Undefeated and conference champion and your best reward is a NYD bowl vs a Power 5 Runner up team.  It's not about money, it's about legacy.

1 minute ago, Redux said:

But he is about to hit his ceiling at UCF with a win next week.  Undefeated and conference champion and your best reward is a NYD bowl vs a Power 5 Runner up team.  It's not about money, it's about legacy.

Not only that but he has already made comments this year about the empty seats. Danny Kannell mentioned multiple times on the broadcast last night that judging by the crowd you would think Nebraska was undeafeated not 4-7 coming in. For a guy like him who has played on the biggest stages his whole career, I think that matters

These things are TRUE ....

1 - Nebraska is interested in Frost (confirmed by Moos). 

Interestingly, the only direct press conference question Moos didn't answer was whether or not he was in Philadelphia the weekend UCF played at Temple. Remember that Moos did not travel with the team to Penn State.

2 - Nebraska has no incentive to wait another week for any of it's top candidates except Frost.

Scott is the only guy on the identified short list that is coaching next weekend. Moos knew Riley was going to be fired weeks ago. He could have had the press conference for any of the other candidates lined up for tomorrow. Fuente coached last game yesterday. Campbell coached (poorly) his last game today. 

3 - Frost is the only guy on Nebraska's short list that has an incentive to wait another week if making a change.

Scott wants to coach his undefeated team to a conference championship. The other candidates would want to start immediately, especially with the early signing date looming and a class of 7 kids.

4 - If Frost was staying at UCF, he has incentives to shut down the speculation and sign a lucrative extension. He hasn't done that.

We know Scott wants to coach UCF in the AAC CCG, but if he wanted to stay at UCF beyond that, why would he be waiting to make that known to them? He's clearly not playing them for a pay raise. Plus, what logical reason does Scott have to keep Nebraska waiting if he's not coming? Wouldn't he want to tell Nebraska that he wasn't interested so they could move on?

None of these items guarantee that Scott Frost will be the next Nebraska head coach, but if you put all of it together along with information that has been shared on this board (thanks Hedley), it really isn't difficult to figure this out. Barring a change of heart from one side or the other, Frost is coming home after he coaches for AAC Championship.

• Plus1 8

8 minutes ago, Kernel Red said:

These things are TRUE ....

1 - Nebraska is interested in Frost (confirmed by Moos). 

Interestingly, the only direct press conference question Moos didn't answer was whether or not he was in Philadelphia the weekend UCF played at Temple. Remember that Moos did not travel with the team to Penn State.

2 - Nebraska has no incentive to wait another week for any of it's top candidates except Frost.

Scott is the only guy on the identified short list that is coaching next weekend. Moos knew Riley was going to be fired weeks ago. He could have had the press conference for any of the other candidates lined up for tomorrow. Fuente coached last game yesterday. Campbell coached (poorly) his last game today. 

3 - Frost is the only guy on Nebraska's short list that has an incentive to wait another week if making a change.

Scott wants to coach his undefeated team to a conference championship. The other candidates would want to start immediately, especially with the early signing date looming and a class of 7 kids.

4 - If Frost was staying at UCF, he has incentives to shut down the speculation and sign a lucrative extension. He hasn't done that.

We know Scott wants to coach UCF in the AAC CCG, but if he wanted to stay at UCF beyond that, why would he be waiting to make that known to them? He's clearly not playing them for a pay raise. Plus, what logical reason does Scott have to keep Nebraska waiting if he's not coming? Wouldn't he want to tell Nebraska that he wasn't interested so they could move on?

None of these items guarantee that Scott Frost will be the next Nebraska head coach, but if you put all of it together along with information that has been shared on this board (thanks Hedley), it really isn't difficult to figure this out. Barring a change of heart from one side or the other, Frost is coming home after he coaches for AAC Championship.

I love reading well thought out posts full of reason. 

We will have to wait and see!  

Ha. I know a thread going on page 234 wouldn't be happy with that so...I believe SF is the guy. Its already a done deal.  If for some reason this did not happen, I don't believe anyone else besides Matt Campbell (other than Bob Stoops coming back from retirement) will be viewed with much enthusiasm.  I do not think Justin Fuente leaves VT as I think he would get a raise before that would happen and Tech is a good job.  

5 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I would hate to be a Florida fan right now. They had ages to convince Kelly and couldn't, and then to find out UCLA isn't even paying him 5 million... That would suck.

It pleases me greatly, Florida getting schooled.  As long as they don't get Frost that is...

Edited by grandpasknee
  • Plus1 1