** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

There's no way Leach is coming here. I never thought he was anyway, but the fact that Bill Moos was so open about talking about him (and not in the context of pursuing him) without even being prompted made it pretty obvious that he's not a candidate.

Edited by Moiraine
  • Plus1 2
38 minutes ago, alexhortdog95 said:

Florida has only themselves to blame for their situation.  Running a guy out the door after he takes you to two conference championship games in three years makes a difference.

That's the other reason why I don't think they get Frost.  The ceiling is very high there with recruiting and such, but the floor is right below the freaking ceiling.

I don't think a lot of people realize that.  Maybe they do.  Like you said, not like he has had 3 losing seasons....They lost to Bama twice, who won the MNC in 2015 an played for it last year....No pressure there.  

• Plus1 1
30 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Patience. This week will be especially hard for having patience.

Precisely.

If I had to bet, and if Frost is the next head coach, it will be announced the week of December 4th.

If he's not the head coach and the hire is coaching in a conference title game, they will likely also be announced the week of December 4th.

If the coach is not in a conference title game then they will likely be announced by the end of this week.

• Plus1 1

21 minutes ago, ebohnart said:

I know people are saying UF wants Chip Kelly but wasn't it just announced he's going to UCLA? Does anyone think this will make it harder to get Frost? I think Mike Leach would be an okay hire, but o believe Frost is far more of an exciting hire and with the season UCF has had, would probably boost recruiting.

Am I wrong? Y'all are more in the trenches with this sorta stuff so I'm just asking.

You are correct. Chip Kelly is going to UCLA. Florida is no longer interested in Chip Kelly but it seems they may be interested in Scott Frost. Most here think that Scott has already made a verbal commitment to Nebraska. Florida will make it more interesting but personally I think Scott is coming home.

In my opinion Mike Leach would not be a good fit. I don't think that he is in Moos list though.  You are also correct in thinking that Scott is a more exciting candidate and I agree with you, it probably would  boost recruiting.

Welcome to the aboard and don't ever be afraid or ashamed to share your thoughts That's what a discussion board is for.