** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

I have nothing against Matt Campbell other than that he's not Frost and I'd prefer Frost, but why would he say he's "in it for the long haul" ? There are 500 other ways he could have worded his response if there was a chance he'd take another coaching job soon.

Of the names which have been seriously mentioned he is the one that excites me the least. Yes he had a couple of nice wins. Yes he’s young and appears to have his guys playing hard every week, but I don’t think his body of Work justifies a 9 mil buyout on top of all the current dead money we have. I would prefer Fuente or Sumlin over him for sure

Again,  to me it's Frost or bust.  Why?  When Urban Meyer was hired by Florida, he averaged exactly 2 losses a season.  When he was hired by OSU, he averaged 1.5 losses per season at Florida. Compare that to Riley who averaged 4.5 losses per season at Oregon State before being hired.  Well, in three season he gave us an average of 6.3 losses.  

Matt Campbell:  Really after one decent year at Iowa State Moos wants to bring him in? FFS.  They just lost to Kansas State apparently b/c of game management issues.  He only won 7 games.  And in 6 seasons total averages 4.8 losses a season at Toledo and Iowa State.  This coach, no matter how good or how young, has done nothing to suggest he can make Nebraska a perennial 9-12 win team. 

Kevin Sumlin:  Ok...when Sumlin was hired by Texas A&M, he averaged 4.25 losses a season at Houston.  What do they get?  At Texas A&M, he then averages 4.16 losses per season.  Shocking...

Dan Mullen - Dude averages 5.1 losses per season.  No thanks, second coming of Mike Riley.

JUSTIN FUENTE - Ok, now my controversial commentary.  The contrarian's favorite here averaged 5.75 losses per season at Memphis.  Combine that with Virginia Tech and he's averaging exactly 5 losses per season.  No thanks left field Justin Fuente.  Take your averageness and keep it in Blacksburg where you are a hero.

This is why I want all eggs in on Frost.  Dude is coming off massive success this season.  Home grown.  Knows Nebraska.  I think his upside gives us the best chance to contend for 9-12 wins per season.  We get AVERAGE with all of the candidates listed above.  With Frost, we have a chance to really get the lightning in a bottle we so badly need...but then turn that into sustained success. 

There is no other option.  

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, Redreign22 said:

Because the ginger dingbat went rouge and didnt talk to any reasonable people

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

But he's already rouge...

Haha.. someone gets it.   Dungeons and Dragons players know this typo all too well, being that one of the classes is "Rogue" (instead of being called "Thief" which has nefarious connotations).  You'd be surprised at how many "rouges" are "rogue" in the face when they fail at finding or disarming a dungeon trap. :D   

1 minute ago, 614Husker said:

Again,  to me it's Frost or bust.  Why?  When Urban Meyer was hired by Florida, he averaged exactly 2 losses a season.  When he was hired by OSU, he averaged 1.5 losses per season at Florida. Compare that to Riley who averaged 4.5 losses per season at Oregon State before being hired.  Well, in three season he gave us an average of 6.3 losses.  

Matt Campbell:  Really after one decent year at Iowa State Moos wants to bring him in? FFS.  They just lost to Kansas State apparently b/c of game management issues.  He only won 7 games.  And in 6 seasons total averages 4.8 losses a season at Toledo and Iowa State.  This coach, no matter how good or how young, has done nothing to suggest he can make Nebraska a perennial 9-12 win team. 

Kevin Sumlin:  Ok...when Sumlin was hired by Texas A&M, he averaged 4.25 losses a season at Houston.  What do they get?  At Texas A&M, he then averages 4.16 losses per season.  Shocking...

Dan Mullen - Dude averages 5.1 losses per season.  No thanks, second coming of Mike Riley.

JUSTIN FUENTE - Ok, now my controversial commentary.  The contrarian's favorite here averaged 5.75 losses per season at Memphis.  Combine that with Virginia Tech and he's averaging exactly 5 losses per season.  No thanks left field Justin Fuente.  Take your averageness and keep it in Blacksburg where you are a hero.

This is why I want all eggs in on Frost.  Dude is coming off massive success this season.  Home grown.  Knows Nebraska.  I think his upside gives us the best chance to contend for 9-12 wins per season.  We get AVERAGE with all of the candidates listed above.  With Frost, we have a chance to really get the lightning in a bottle we so badly need...but then turn that into sustained success. 

Campbell took over an Iowa state team that was 4-23 in the Big 12 prior to his arrival. I know 7-5 isn't a sexy record, but you'd be hard pressed to find another coach in the county that would get Iowa State bowl eligible in 2 years.

Just now, FrantzHardySwag said:

Campbell took over an Iowa state team that was 4-23 in the Big 12 prior to his arrival. I know 7-5 isn't a sexy record, but you'd be hard pressed to find another coach in the county that would get Iowa State bowl eligible in 2 years.

ok Mike Riley.  Then settle if you wish.  Can't wait to see what he can do with all the resources in Nebraska.

Edited by 614Husker

2 minutes ago, 614Husker said:

Ok so if Frost declines we just go forward with HC, OC and DC Bray?  We have to have other options and there aren’t any realistic ones averaging less then 3 losses a year. We have to have a plan B. Frost will get an offer from us which will Be commiserate with the current market. If we don’t get him it’s his call

• Plus1 1
Just now, olddominionhusker said:

Ok so if Frost declines we just go forward with HC, OC and DC Bray?  We have to have other options and there aren’t any realistic ones averaging less then 3 losses a year. We have to have a plan B. Frost will get an offer from us which will Be commiserate with the current market. If we don’t get him it’s his call

screw market.  max out the offer.  too important to play market games, unless you want average as your next head coach.