** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

5 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

If we're willing to pay any amount, let's get Jimbo Fisher.

As crazy as it sounds apparently one of the reasons Fisher is being mentioned for openings is lack of support and resources at FSU.  There was a good discussion about this on Sirius this week. Apparently the facilities and football offices there are in serious need of upgrades and it hasn’t happened. I actually think of the names totally out of left field that we could offer something to he fits the bill 

Edited by olddominionhusker
Just now, In the Deed the Glory said:

Why in the blue hell would Chryst leave his alma mater that is going to  win the B1G and go to the College Football Playoff (theoretically) to come to a 4 win Nebraska?

Holy s#!t, man.

oh, lol, I had no idea Wisconsin was his alma mater. I almost retracted once I posted because he was a Riley guy back in the day. But yea, then, he isn't leaving Wisconsin.

26 minutes ago, Ziebol the Red said:

Well cya. I hate this mentality. You should be a fan no matter who is hired. Yes we all want Frost, but there is plenty of other great options. Fuente and Campbell are great hires. Sumlin in a tough division had winning seasons, he is not a slouch of a coach. Texas pipeline, players love him. He would be an excellent hire. Moos knows what he’s doing.

Point being we just fired a coach who was about to be fired from his last job when we picked him up. Be smart enough to learn from past mistakes. Yeah let's go hire a guy who is about to get fired. Let's make excuses for him and say oh shucks he has to play bama and lsu. Guess what we play Ohio state, Michigan and penn state in the big 10. He had a few great seasons riding Manziel, what since? So what we bring him here and he can't beat big dogs here either? Are we paying Riley to go away just to bring a mid grade guy in? 

1 minute ago, olddominionhusker said:

As crazy as it sounds apparently one of the reasons Fisher is being mentioned for openings is lack of support and resources at A&M. There was a good discussion about this on Sirius this week. Apparently the facilities and football offices there are in serious need of upgrades and it hasn’t happened. I actually think of the names totally out of left field that we could offer something to he fits the bill 

if he is truly a realistic option, he is the best alternative that has been mentioned thus far

1 minute ago, olddominionhusker said:

As crazy as it sounds apparently one of the reasons Fisher is being mentioned for openings is lack of support and resources at A&M. There was a good discussion about this on Sirius this week. Apparently the facilities and football offices there are in serious need of upgrades and it hasn’t happened. I actually think of the names totally out of left field that we could offer something to he fits the bill 

Not only FSU, but supposedly Florida has bad facilities too, which is shocking to me. I always thought UF would have some of the best facilities in the country.

3 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

I know people say its the system Alvarez has instilled and seemingly demands his coaches to run, and people also say Wisconsin coaches don't do well once they leave Wisconsin, but I would take Chryst over Campbell. In fact, I wonder if Moos has looked into him.

No wisconsin anything, please.  Still think Eichorst was recommended by Barry and sent here to tank us.

Just now, BoneyardHusker said:

Not only FSU, but supposedly Florida has bad facilities too, which is shocking to me. I always thought UF would have some of the best facilities in the country.

Yeah and in that discussion they said the same thing except that FSU were far worse. Also he’s not getting money he wants for assistants. Hence his name popping up for A&M

1 minute ago, BoneyardHusker said:

True. I've posted this before, but at this point if we got Saban instead of Frost I would be disappointed.

I know it sounds crazy but... I don't think he'd even know what to do about recruiting or where to start. MSU was so long ago. His name alone would get recruits but some recruits may think he'd lost his mind for leaving Alabama.