** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Just now, olddominionhusker said:

Yeah and in that discussion they said the same thing except that FSU were far worse. Also he’s not getting money he wants for assistants. Hence his name popping up for A&M

Makes sense, but I really don't know who would want to go and coach in the SEC West. Until Saban leaves anyways, but even then, whoever inherits Alabama is going to be a good big named coach, LSU is either one coach Orgeron recruiting class away, or just one head coach away from being dominant again, Arkansas may eventually wake up and realize it can be a threat, just a gauntlet that SEC West.

1 minute ago, olddominionhusker said:

As crazy as it sounds apparently one of the reasons Fisher is being mentioned for openings is lack of support and resources at A&M. There was a good discussion about this on Sirius this week. Apparently the facilities and football offices there are in serious need of upgrades and it hasn’t happened. I actually think of the names totally out of left field that we could offer something to he fits the bill 

That's interesting.....I just looked up the article. I just don't know if a good ol' boy would want to be surrounded by Yankees? Actually, he's from WV closer to Penn and Ohio, so who knows. I like everything about his coaching and style of play.

1 minute ago, 614Husker said:

Mike Leach would be a disaster.  He is being made a hero for being very average with Washington State.  Poor Tennessee if that's who they settle on.

Oh please let this happen!  Leach doing his schtick on the orange/white checkerboard would be super fun to watch.

• Plus1 1

23 minutes ago, 614Husker said:

Again,  to me it's Frost or bust.  Why?  When Urban Meyer was hired by Florida, he averaged exactly 2 losses a season.  When he was hired by OSU, he averaged 1.5 losses per season at Florida. Compare that to Riley who averaged 4.5 losses per season at Oregon State before being hired.  Well, in three season he gave us an average of 6.3 losses.  

Matt Campbell:  Really after one decent year at Iowa State Moos wants to bring him in? FFS.  They just lost to Kansas State apparently b/c of game management issues.  He only won 7 games.  And in 6 seasons total averages 4.8 losses a season at Toledo and Iowa State.  This coach, no matter how good or how young, has done nothing to suggest he can make Nebraska a perennial 9-12 win team. 

Kevin Sumlin:  Ok...when Sumlin was hired by Texas A&M, he averaged 4.25 losses a season at Houston.  What do they get?  At Texas A&M, he then averages 4.16 losses per season.  Shocking...

Dan Mullen - Dude averages 5.1 losses per season.  No thanks, second coming of Mike Riley.

JUSTIN FUENTE - Ok, now my controversial commentary.  The contrarian's favorite here averaged 5.75 losses per season at Memphis.  Combine that with Virginia Tech and he's averaging exactly 5 losses per season.  No thanks left field Justin Fuente.  Take your averageness and keep it in Blacksburg where you are a hero.

This is why I want all eggs in on Frost.  Dude is coming off massive success this season.  Home grown.  Knows Nebraska.  I think his upside gives us the best chance to contend for 9-12 wins per season.  We get AVERAGE with all of the candidates listed above.  With Frost, we have a chance to really get the lightning in a bottle we so badly need...but then turn that into sustained success. 

There is no other option.  

Frost averages 3.5 losses per season.  Do not want!  May have well as kept Pelini.

• Plus1 2
25 minutes ago, 614Husker said:

Again,  to me it's Frost or bust.  Why?  When Urban Meyer was hired by Florida, he averaged exactly 2 losses a season.  When he was hired by OSU, he averaged 1.5 losses per season at Florida. Compare that to Riley who averaged 4.5 losses per season at Oregon State before being hired.  Well, in three season he gave us an average of 6.3 losses.  

Matt Campbell:  Really after one decent year at Iowa State Moos wants to bring him in? FFS.  They just lost to Kansas State apparently b/c of game management issues.  He only won 7 games.  And in 6 seasons total averages 4.8 losses a season at Toledo and Iowa State.  This coach, no matter how good or how young, has done nothing to suggest he can make Nebraska a perennial 9-12 win team. 

Kevin Sumlin:  Ok...when Sumlin was hired by Texas A&M, he averaged 4.25 losses a season at Houston.  What do they get?  At Texas A&M, he then averages 4.16 losses per season.  Shocking...

Dan Mullen - Dude averages 5.1 losses per season.  No thanks, second coming of Mike Riley.

JUSTIN FUENTE - Ok, now my controversial commentary.  The contrarian's favorite here averaged 5.75 losses per season at Memphis.  Combine that with Virginia Tech and he's averaging exactly 5 losses per season.  No thanks left field Justin Fuente.  Take your averageness and keep it in Blacksburg where you are a hero.

This is why I want all eggs in on Frost.  Dude is coming off massive success this season.  Home grown.  Knows Nebraska.  I think his upside gives us the best chance to contend for 9-12 wins per season.  We get AVERAGE with all of the candidates listed above.  With Frost, we have a chance to really get the lightning in a bottle we so badly need...but then turn that into sustained success. 

There is no other option.  

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks those other names are losers 

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, 614Husker said:

I suggest you fact check b/c Hoke never led an undefeated season at a mid major.  in fact in 8 seasons at mid major level, he averaged 6.25 losses per season.  Wonder why he never worked out...

My point is the back up option is no better than randomly drawing from a hat of names.

He had a 12-0 regular season at ball state. And i know he didn't work out, that was my point. Stop using win/loss percentages to define entire coahing tenures and use your eyes.

• Plus1 2

Just now, FrantzHardySwag said:

He had a 12-0 regular season at ball state. And i know he didn't work out, that was my point. Stop using win/loss percentages to define entire coahing tenures and use your eyes.

12-1.  Plus he went directly to another mid major before and went back to his average ways before Michigan thought something different would happen.

I won't stop using career averages that are substantial b/c they tell a great story.  It should have prevented the last three years from ever happening.