** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

21 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

It is kind of funny really....knapplc is the Hedley whisperer. I'm sure he has his post saved when he told the board that they would eventually not hate me lol 

Well s#!t, I guess my multiple votes of confidence, and telling off EZ-E back in the day meant nothing lol.

11 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Yes. Members who weren't on the board when you joined would probably not believe how confrontational and hot-headed you were. A lot of heated threads back then. The whole board has toned down quite a lot.

All they have to do is go to woodshed and read hedley vs huskerboard thread

So I love how this staff has already come out of the gates firing in recruiting. I love how with a simple announcement of Frost being named Nebraska head coach Nebraska seems "cool" again and feels like it has an identity. I loved seeing Frost's emotions after that UCF win. I love how this whole thing came together and major props to Moos. I love that Frost is our head coach and it is still hard to believe we actually got him and we are at this point. The excitement and hope for the future of Nebraska football hasn't been this high in 20+ years. The moment Frost was announced as coach today and things started falling into place so rapidly, it just felt like a perfect fit.

However, I am still uneasy. Why? Shortly after all the sources started pouring out that Frost was Nebraska's next head coach there was this one little article that floated out there saying Frost was getting cold feet and had a tough decision to make after the conference title game. Then Frost is announced as head coach at Nebraska, but and please help me here if I am wrong, I have not seen anything that says he's signed anything yet, and I haven't even seen a statement from Frost regarding accepting the job. I've heard from media and other people reporting he is the coach, but nothing from Frost. The only thing I've heard from him is saying things like he wants to retire in Orlando when he is done with coaching and that, to the Orlando media, you will see me a lot around here this winter.

I was all for him coaching the bowl game for UCF, thought as long as he had signed and we had him and he was 100% N, him coaching in a NY6 bowl would be free publicity for Nebraska and help with recruiting as all the announcers would be talking about is Frost to Nebraska. But, given I have yet to read anything from Frost saying he's taken the job, or really seems excited for the job and more so hearing more from him that he loves UCF and its tough to leave, etc. it makes me a little worried. Is Frost coming to Nebraska because he WANTS to come to Nebraska? Or is he coming to Nebraska because he feels he has to?

Now I completely understand his emotions and attachment to UCF and his players, coaches and fans. Absolutely understand that, but I don't know if his silence on the Nebraska job and explaining how difficult it is to leave Orlando and UCF is out of respect for UCF and his players and letting this day be about them and their title, or if again, Frost feels like he has to come to Nebraska to save what is a dying program, instead of wanting to come here.

Sorry to sound like a downer on a great day for Nebraska football, but I just hope Frost wants to be at Nebraska.

8 minutes ago, LadyGlitterSparkles said:

Per the press release...

“It is a great honor and privilege to have the opportunity to return to Nebraska and to lead the Husker football program,” Frost said. “I have been fortunate to be at a wonderful school the last two years, but Nebraska is a special place with a storied tradition and a fan base which is second to none. I am truly humbled to be here. The state of Nebraska and the Husker program mean a great deal to me. This is home.

“I am appreciative of the confidence Bill Moos and our University leadership have in me to lead this program. I would not have the opportunity to be in this position without a lot of great people who have helped me throughout my career. Specifically, I would like to thank Coach Osborne who has played such an integral role in my life over the past two decades, both on and off the field. Go Big Red!”

Thank you! I had not seen this today.

Been a busy day and mostly trying to follow the events today with Twitter. I am excited for tomorrow's press conference!