** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

10 hours ago, Big Red Commie said:

It is time Husker Fan.

Go retro.

Take matters into our own hands. 

We must now gather up our pitchforks and donkeys and form a HOARD of 1000s-a Peoples Army, as it were-march to UCF and demand Frosty as our new HC!

The People have spoken....

That's the biggest load of Bolshevik I've heard since the wall fell.:D

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

I don't believe for a second if Mike Riley goes 4-1 he's going to keep his job. The only way he keeps his job is if there isn't interest for the coaching job from candidates we're interested in. Why else would there be a new A.D. if a coaching change wasn't in our future? 

If Mike Riley goes 4 - 1, it means the scheme and urgency finally clicked for this team on both sides of the ball. There would be reason for optimism going into 2018, and Riley would deserve another year to build on it.

But Mike Riley isn't going 4 - 1.

Everybody knows that. Last chance was about three games ago.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/scott-frost-heir-apparent-florida-nebraska-tennessee/

"His own preference is anyone’s guess, but the fact that Frost’s past is in Nebraska doesn’t mean his future has to be. If the goal in Lincoln is to move forward, it might be for the best on both sides if he sets down roots in the Sunshine State."

Great article on Frost, going to be interesting in the next could of months if Scott takes on the more ideal set up with Florida, or spurns the popular choice and takes on the bigger challenge at Nebraska.

Edited by husker_fan_from_sweden
2 hours ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

I don't believe for a second if Mike Riley goes 4-1 he's going to keep his job. The only way he keeps his job is if there isn't interest for the coaching job from candidates we're interested in. Why else would there be a new A.D. if a coaching change wasn't in our future? 

44 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

If Mike Riley goes 4 - 1, it means the scheme and urgency finally clicked for this team on both sides of the ball. There would be reason for optimism going into 2018, and Riley would deserve another year to build on it.

But Mike Riley isn't going 4 - 1.

Everybody knows that. Last chance was about three games ago.

OK....I'm really confused.  If Riley goes 4-1, I will guarantee you he is being kept for next year because that would mean he coached through the bowl game.  No way in hell Moos is so novice at this that he waits till after the bowl game to decide to fire the HC.  IF he does, Frost will be gone somewhere else.  Moos will then be on a really really really hot seat.

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, husker_fan_from_sweden said:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/scott-frost-heir-apparent-florida-nebraska-tennessee/

"His own preference is anyone’s guess, but the fact that Frost’s past is in Nebraska doesn’t mean his future has to be. If the goal in Lincoln is to move forward, it might be for the best on both sides if he sets down roots in the Sunshine State."

Great article on Frost, going to be interesting in the next could of months if Scott takes on the more ideal set up with Florida, or spurns the popular choice and takes on the bigger challenge at Nebraska.

I love the suggestion that Nebraska needs so badly to remove themselves from past success that they should avoid hiring the top available coaching prospect because he was part of that past success.... :facepalm:

• Plus1 7
13 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

OK....I'm really confused.  If Riley goes 4-1, I will guarantee you he is being kept for next year because that would mean he coached through the bowl game.  No way in hell Moos is so novice at this that he waits till after the bowl game to decide to fire the HC.  IF he does, Frost will be gone somewhere else.  Moos will then be on a really really really hot seat.

The confusing part is if Riley goes 4 - 1 and we don't know if Frost will stay at UCF or take another job, and we are left with a suddenly less desirable pool of candidates and a current head coach who appears to have turned things around.

The not confusing part is that Riley isn't going 4 - 1. 

20 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I love the suggestion that Nebraska needs so badly to remove themselves from past success that they should avoid hiring the top available coaching prospect because he was part of that past success.... :facepalm:

Aside from the nonsensical last paragraph it was a good read with a lot of Frost facts I didn't know. The main purpose of the article seems to be lamenting that the SEC missed out on last year's "Up and Comers" Herman, Fleck, Brohm and Taggert and trying to sell the idea that some SEC team should go after Frost. They should just focus on shuffling the SEC coaching deck as usual.

9 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

Aside from the nonsensical last paragraph it was a good read with a lot of Frost facts I didn't know. The main purpose of the article seems to be lamenting that the SEC missed out on last year's "Up and Comers" Herman, Fleck, Brohm and Taggert and trying to sell the idea that some SEC team should go after Frost. They should just focus on shuffling the SEC coaching deck as usual.

It wasn't bad but here is yet another person who hasn't read the latest on Scott.  Did this writer know that Nebraska is Scott's 'dream job'?  Scott wouldn't come back just because he once played for Nebraska or that his folks coached at Nebraska. Scott was born and raised in Nebraska. Anytime I read these SEC writers I want to send them that interview from 2012!  But then again they might not want to include that information as they want their readers to believe Scott is going to take the Florida job.

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, ladyhawke said:

It wasn't bad but here is yet another person who hasn't read the latest on Scott.  Did this writer know that Nebraska is Scott's 'dream job'?  Scott wouldn't come back just because he once played for Nebraska or that his folks coached at Nebraska. Scott was born and raised in Nebraska. Anytime I read these SEC writers I want to send them that interview from 2012!  But then again they might not want to include that information as they want their readers to believe Scott is going to take the Florida job.

I wouldn't call a 5 year old article "the latest". Scott was what a newly minted OC?  Now a hot coach with a lot of options. The Nebraska wheels hadn't fallen off in 2012 either. A lot has changed in 5 years so Frost may not feel the same. 3 years ago might have been the best chance for Frost to return. We'll find out soon but as others have said, patience is needed ;)

• Plus1 2
16 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

I wouldn't call a 5 year old article "the latest". Scott was what a newly minted OC?  Now a hot coach with a lot of options. The Nebraska wheels hadn't fallen off in 2012 either. A lot has changed in 5 years so Frost may not feel the same. 3 years ago might have been the best chance for Frost to return. We'll find out soon but as others have said, patience is needed ;)

Has he ever came out and said he's changed his mind about coming here?  According to former players who have kept in touch with Scott over the years and still keep in contact with him now, they say that Scott is interested in the Nebraska job.  Are they lying? I don't think so.  It would at least behoove these writers to look at some Nebraska articles.  Otherwise it makes them sound uninformed. Of the articles I've read from SEC writers, they mention he played for Nebraska or might say something about his folks and they are very quick to point out the 'love-hate' relationship Scott has with Nebraska when that issue had been dealt with years ago! They also fail to say anything about the fact that Scott was born and raised in Nebraska.  Scott has a history with Nebraska. That counts for a lot in my book. 

I agree with you that we will all find out in the end but our patience is wearing thin. 

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

Has he ever came out and said he's changed his mind about coming here?  According to former players who have kept in touch with Scott over the years and still keep in contact with him now, they say that Scott is interested in the Nebraska job.  Are they lying? I don't think so.  It would at least behoove these writers to look at some Nebraska articles.  Otherwise it makes them sound uninformed. Of the articles I've read from SEC writers, they mention he played for Nebraska or might say something about his folks and they are very quick to point out the 'love-hate' relationship Scott has with Nebraska when that issue had been dealt with years ago! They also fail to say anything about the fact that Scott was born and raised in Nebraska.  Scott has a history with Nebraska. That counts for a lot in my book. 

I agree with you that we will all find out in the end but our patience is wearing thin. 

You seem annoyed that SEC writers are biased and spinning things to be more appealing to SEC fans. Nowhere in the article did you read about Florida firing a coach after winning his division 2 of 3 years but I'm sure Nebraska beat writers have mentioned it without pointing out that McElwain failed miserably to improve the offense. Sorry if I'm spoiling an idealistic view view you may have held of the high integrity field of sports journalism.

2 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

You seem annoyed that SEC writers are biased and spinning things to be more appealing to SEC fans. Nowhere in the article did you read about Florida firing a coach after winning his division 2 of 3 years but I'm sure Nebraska beat writers have mentioned it without pointing out that McElwain failed miserably to improve the offense. Sorry if I'm spoiling an idealistic view view you may have held of the high integrity field of sports journalism.

Nah, I'm pretty jaded when it comes to sports writers. I wouldn't consider them as journalists. They're just trying to do their job where they are.  That's why I said in my post: But then again they might not want to include that information as they want their readers to believe Scott is going to take the Florida job.

Actually, I have read where an SEC writer reported that fact on McElwain.  I just like articles to be more thorough but again, they know their audience and want to keep them so they say what they want to hear-just like our writers:)