** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

6 hours ago, huskerfan69 said:

rumors are floating that moos told riley before the purdue game he needs to finish 4-1 to keep his job.

that might explain why the coaches were so happy after the game.

Moos has specifically addressed this during the week and said he does not set such parameters.  

30 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

At what point can we quit acting like Riley and Co. are killing it on the recruiting trail? We have commits from 7 500-mile radius guys (which I think we have a punchers chance of keeping regardless), a kicker, and 2 out of state studs that seem solid but are actively looking elsewhere too. We currently sit at the 50th rated class. 

Parsons is gone, Bookie is gone, Hightower/Pleger are gone, Griffith is gone, Redmond is gone, Perkins is gone, Tutt seems gone, etc. 

I agree.  Hey do you know who/what 'landof10' is?

1 hour ago, Rike Miley said:

If thats true, which its not, and we go 4-1 and he is retained, 2018 offseason and season will be the worst Ive ever experienced as a husker fan. There will be no excitement from me as a fan. Our schedule is brutal and the writing is on the wall. I would want that season to end so fast and by that time we probably would have missed our window of opportunity with Frost. And I dont even want to think about what Memorial Stadium will be like if he is retained. 

I agree - I don't believe that's true at all. Statistical ultimatums place everything in a vacuum and lack context. I find it very hard to believe Moos would say that and it is incredibly misguided if he did, in my opinion.

We should all keep in mind that one of those four wins was last week's Purdue game. We all know what that performance looked like.

1 hour ago, Herbie95 said:

Moos has specifically addressed this during the week and said he does not set such parameters.  

Ya, what if we end the season 7-5 but it's with three blowout losses and the wins took us being lucky as hell?  Should that really make Riley bulletproof?  The decision should get down to "can we upgrade?" We should be finding-out all we can to have that question pretty-much answered by the end of the season. If the answer is definitely or probably-yes then we should make a move. If our prospects for an upgrade look sketchy then you look at giving Riley more time, since the one thing we can't do is leave ourselves having to make some reach or retread hire that will waste multiple years. 

1 minute ago, Danimal said:

Ya, what if we end the season 7-5 but it's with three blowout losses and the wins took us being lucky as hell?  Should that really make Riley bulletproof?  The decision should get down to "can we upgrade?" We should be finding-out all we can to have that question pretty-much answered by the end of the season. If the answer is definitely or probably-yes then we should make a move. If our prospects for an upgrade look sketchy then you look at giving Riley more time, since the one thing we can't do is leave ourselves having to make some reach or retread hire that will waste multiple years. 

Agreed.  We are the poster child of firing winning coaches and hiring marginal coaches.  Georgia looks to have gotten it right.  They fired a coach with a similar record as Pelini and Solich and looked to have upgraded.  

Moos specifically said in the Bahe interview that he doesn't give old tomatoes   (Ultimatums, props if you know the movie).  So I don't know how I feel about the 4-1 comment.  Plus as others mentioned we won't go 4-1 down the stretch anyways.  MN should be a win, NW and Iowa are toss ups.  I think 2-2 in these last 4.  

• Plus1 1