** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

8 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

Hey, does anyone know who/what 'landof10' is? Does anyone here follow them? Are the local or covering the B1G overall? (Don't mean to go off topic but they've been saying quite a bit about Scott lately.)

It's just an average Joe publication for people to perform work like anything else in the media. They don't have any inside info. 

14 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

Hey, does anyone know who/what 'landof10' is? Does anyone here follow them? Are the local or covering the B1G overall? (Don't mean to go off topic but they've been saying quite a bit about Scott lately.)

They've had some very "click bait" headlines that have really turned me off too them.... I can't appreciate the style of journalism that comes all too often from some of them

5 hours ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

I don't believe for a second if Mike Riley goes 4-1 he's going to keep his job. The only way he keeps his job is if there isn't interest for the coaching job from candidates we're interested in. Why else would there be a new A.D. if a coaching change wasn't in our future? 

Because we have about 25 sporting teams that need a leader (Shawn was not getting it done in regards to ANY sports) and two sport that needs to be looked at (football and mens basketball) that could be anywhere from a 50/50 decision to a done deal.

Edited by GBRFAN
7 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

Because we have about 25 sporting teams that need a leader (Shawn was not getting it done in regards to ANY sports) and two sport that needs to be looked at (football and mens basketball) that could be anywhere from a 50/50 decision to a done deal.

Completely understand that, but there isn't one person here who can convince me there is a more important program in Husker athletics than football. 

10 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

Don't kid yourself. If Riley had Nebraska at 8-0 and in the top 5 Eichorst would still be here. No question.

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

OK....I'm really confused.  If Riley goes 4-1, I will guarantee you he is being kept for next year because that would mean he coached through the bowl game.  No way in hell Moos is so novice at this that he waits till after the bowl game to decide to fire the HC.  IF he does, Frost will be gone somewhere else.  Moos will then be on a really really really hot seat.

Someone earlier mentioned 4-1 through the last 5 games which included Purdue. I was using 4-1 from their rumors of Moos allegedly speaking with Riley and telling him he goes 4-1 he stays. Apparently those rumored discussions happened before the Purdue game. Regardless he ain't winning 4 out of the last 5 games of the season including Purdue.

1 hour ago, Hayseed said:

Has anyone on this thread talked to Scott Frost personally? What is he saying? Help us out here.

Does anyone have his home phone number? Post it here so we can all keep calling and asking him and his family. Seriously folks, our stalking efforts here are kind of half-assed. Just saying...

41 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Don't kid yourself. If Riley had Nebraska at 8-0 and in the top 5 Eichorst would still be here. No question.

That would be true - however that would be because MR saved SE job - He didn't and now we will see how the new AD evaluates these two sports.  Yes Football is big daddy and Men's BB is a distant second however both are under the spotlight and we may see no changes or two changes....

47 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Completely understand that, but there isn't one person here who can convince me there is a more important program in Husker athletics than football. 

oh it would be silly and a waste of time to try - you are correct.  However the new AD will be looking and deciding on more than just football over the next several months.