** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

10 minutes ago, Redreign22 said:

Anyone know the balance of the general athletic fund? I mean how much donwe have? I know its more than most but it would be nice tonhave stats to throw back at people.

With the full share of the Big Ten revenue expect the NU athletic budget size to move inside the top 15 and likely closer to 10 than 15.  Interestingly enough looking at the latest numbers the NU athletic department had a budget surplus of around 9 million last year.  About the right size for a buyout for a particular ISU coach.  

• Plus1 2
Just now, ladyhawke said:

Our athletic department doesn't have to depend on the university general fund. It is self-funded. I was listening to one of our local sports radio shows a while back and they were talking about that very thing to someone who knew an awful lot about our current financial state. He said NU has. Rey deep pockets. When you consider that one of their boosters is one of the richest men in the world, I wouldn't be too worried about our finances. 

http://www.dailynebraskan.com/news/unl-s-self-supporting-athletic-department-contributes-funds-to-university/article_2287c21d-f018-5d75-8a56-0eefe4f9add6.html

I know that NU doesn't depend on university funds.  I doubt Florida does either.  I fully understand that NU athletics are self-funded, but I don't get what that has to do in a comparison vs. Florida.  Someone asked the differences between the schools, and I showed the 2 different revenue amounts.

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

I know that NU doesn't depend on university funds.  I doubt Florida does either.  I fully understand that NU athletics are self-funded, but I don't get what that has to do in a comparison vs. Florida.  Someone asked the differences between the schools, and I showed the 2 different revenue amounts.

Here is the latest http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Everything always goes back a couple years, based on academic years.  Since the University of Nebraska-Lincoln is a publicly funded institution, they have to report on those figures to the public, even for the Athletic Department.

I'm finding a lot of revenue/expense numbers but not finding any "cash on hand" numbers on a quick search.

3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I beg your pardon ColoradoHusk. I though the poster was asking about NU's financial state. I found this article interesting. http://www.ketv.com/article/report-nebraska-football-team-valued-at-dollar507-million/12455623

38 minutes ago, Dewiz said:

Why go after Chip Kelly when he brought recruiting violations to Oregon and/or if he becomes successful here, he may bolt for another University or a Pro team. 

If fit matters like Moos says it does I don't think Chip Kelly will be our next coach, or even seriously considered. Just my opinion.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Mavric said:

I'm finding a lot of revenue/expense numbers but not finding any "cash on hand" numbers on a quick search.

All the budget surplus goes to the University Foundation and is managed there.  If a large lump sum of money is required it come from the University Foundation.  

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I am sure NU has a decent amount of cash on hand right now, as this is the first half of the academic year.

One thing to think about is that the funds used to buyout the coaching and AD contracts are in a separate fund with the University Foundation.  That fund is being used for Bo's payout, I'm sure it's being used for Eichorst, and would be used for Riley.

1 minute ago, Herbie95 said:

All the budget surplus goes to the University Foundation and is managed there.  If a large lump sum of money is required it come from the University Foundation.  

What this guy said!!!

Just keep in mind with the full share of BIG money coming and the new Adidas deal the Athletic Department will have 25+ million more in their budget this year compared to last.  And last year they had a large budget surplus.  Money will not be an issue when going after the right guy.  

• Plus1 3