** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

3 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

But, but, but, all of these people suddenly have insider sources and national guys are to be ignored. The national media kept saying that Nebraska was looking for  P5 AD. THey just didn't nail the name that got hired, but they got the P5 stuff 100% spot on. 

I'm curious who you could show us that said this.  And if any of them are the sacred cow named Adam Rittenberg.

11 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

"There is knowledge on the UCF staff that Nebraska is going to make a major offer for Scott Frost, which is not a huge shock. Nebraska is in a very compromised position. They have to get rid of a third year coach in Mike Riley, you have a new Athletic Director in Bill Moos, they've slipped out of national relevance as you know, so they don't have a lot of leverage here whereas Scott has all the leverage. I think this is going to be an offer that will be outside the market that you typically see for a second year head coach at the Group of 5 level. So its going to be a major major offer. I'm not saying he's definitely going to accept it, but there is a belief on that coaching staff that there is a very good chance that Scott is heading home to Nebraska. So we will see what happens, but again Nebraska is poised to make a very strong commitment. No formal contact with UCF, you can't do that when you still have a coach, but it is coming from Big Red."

Where?  Where did he say he had contacts at UCF saying this stuff?

Mike'l Sever's interview. 

6 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

But, but, but, all of these people suddenly have insider sources and national guys are to be ignored. The national media kept saying that Nebraska was looking for  P5 AD. THey just didn't nail the name that got hired, but they got the P5 stuff 100% spot on. 

So if they suddenly start saying Nebraska is going to hire a non-P5 head coach...do we consider the Pac-12 to *really* be a P5 conference?

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, StPaulHusker said:

I want my coach to win.  i don't care who it is or what they get paid.

Bing.  Don't care what his name is, pedigree, nothing.  Just win and don't cheat (too much) to do it.  Don't care what offense they run, what defense they run, nothing. 

10 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I'm curious who you could show us that said this.  And if any of them are the sacred cow named Adam Rittenberg.

1 minute ago, jessica0 said:

Dan Wolken

That's one (I'll take your word for it).  There are literally hundreds of national media out there.

What did the others say?

And if Dan Wolken has "insider" info on things going on at Nebraska, why isn't he giving us the information about Riley's future and the name of his possible replacement?

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Dan Wolken

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

That's one (I'll take your word for it).  There are literally hundreds of national media out there.

What did the others say?

And if Dan Wolken has "insider" info on things going on at Nebraska, why isn't he giving us the information about Riley's future and the name of his possible replacement?

I just searched "Dan Wolken" and "Nebraska" on Twitter.  All that came up was that he was rumoring that Nebraska was interested in the Ole Miss AD.

• Plus1 1
Just now, StPaulHusker said:

I just searched "Dan Wolken" and "Nebraska" on Twitter.  All that came up was that he was rumoring that Nebraska was interested in the Ole Miss AD.

That's problematic.  It's also problematic that the "national media" who "got it right" was Dan Wolken and not Adam Golden Boy Rittenberg, whose word we're being told to believe (even though he didn't say what it's being claimed he said).

There's a weird form of pretzel logic being used here to justify the fact that we should keep listening to someone who claims to have insider information. But every time we try to hammer down exactly what that information is or where it comes from, we're told to look elsewhere.

It's almost as if this is all a load of horse hockey. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Plus1 3