** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

2 hours ago, Hilltop said:

I think it would be the easy answer for his agent to tell other interested parties that he is staying put instead of saying he is going to Nebraska assuming an opening occurs and they are able to come to terms.  

Unless he is renegotiating his UCF contract mid-term

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Think realistically about this. 

Who's involved in decision to fire Mike Riley, and if he's fired, to replace him?

How big is that room?

And what kind of dollar figures are we talking about in that process - how many millions?

Then ask yourself - what kind of person is admitted into that room, where millions of dollars are at stake?  People who keep their mouth shut or people who talk a lot?

When you arrive at the latter choice, ask yourself how Adam Rittenberg, who hasn't set foot in Lincoln in weeks and who does not have the confidence of anyone in that room, get information on what decisions are being made in that room? 

And when you realize he doesn't have that confidence and they won't tell him anything, and nor will any agent/agent's staff, or any coach, or their families, or anyone involved, ask yourself where Rittenberg is getting that information?  Or random posters on an RSS? 

tl;dr - nobody knows what's going on - not RSS posters, not local or national media types, nobody.  Anyone who does isn't talking, because talking means termination.

To build on this, these are people who probably would not be happy if the information is leaked. Lets say you had your opportunity at a dream hire/dream coach, but the barrier to get it done was that you had to not talk about it for a month. Would you be able to do it? 

I imagine when there is legacy and millions of dollars on the line, folks are able to shut up about it. These aren't obsessed fanboys dropping memes in threads. They don't feel obligated to keep the fans informed. They are people who worked extremely hard to reach where they are in their careers and they're not going to jeopardize that because they're excited. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, Huskers93-97 said:

Well come on. How the hell can you not see that guy was like 2 yards out of bounds. 

Just an example of how Nebraska fans hold a grudge.  Not only was the TE out of bounds, the receiver who "caught" the game-winning TD pass didn't actually catch it. 

Just now, knapplc said:

Just an example of how Nebraska fans hold a grudge.  Not only was the TE out of bounds, the receiver who "caught" the game-winning TD pass didn't actually catch it. 

All the great fan bases have stories of winning and losing. Its what makes being apart of a historic fan base fun. The Red Sox had all kinds of things like that- the curse, etc. 

Just now, StPaulHusker said:

So there is nothing on page 6 of that thread that ties Dan Wolken to naming the AD except for his reference to the Ole Miss AD.  

Another swing and miss by jessica

And even if there was anything other than Wolken throwing spaghetti at a wall, that wouldn't validate Adam Rittenberg as an unimpeachable source in a wholly different matter.

It's bizarre logic, but not more bizarre than someone creating an account on a message board, citing dozens of unnamed sources as "insider" info, all for.. I don't know what end. 

Just now, Huskers93-97 said:

All the great fan bases have stories of winning and losing. Its what makes being apart of a historic fan base fun. The Red Sox had all kinds of things like that- the curse, etc. 

Ask a Missouri fan about Shevin Wiggins' foot in 1997, then sit down & get comfy because they have a LOT to tell you about that particular play. 

14 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Super brief synopsis and dispelling some stupid rumors about this, and why those rumors exist:

Frost went to Stanford instead of Nebraska, and some fans hated him for that, and have never forgiven it.

Frost transferred back to Nebraska in 1995 and sat out the year as a Redshirt.

While on the team but redshirting, he met and started seeing Kate McEwen, a Husker women's basketball player who had formerly dated Lawrence Phillips.

The night of the 1995 Nebraska / Michigan State game, while McEwen was at Frost's apartment, Phillips climbed to the balcony and entered Frost's apartment, and dragged McEwen out by her hair.  Frost fought Phillips, and helped get McEwen away from him.  Frost did NOT, as the BS rumors go, cower in a closet while Phillips assaulted her.

The rumor that Frost hid from Phillips is a lie, and perpetuated by people who do not like Frost. They were offended that he didn't go to Nebraska right away, they were offended that he dated a girl formerly dated by a teammate, and they were put off by Frost's cocky attitude.  That rumor is not true, but it persists like "County Scholarships" because of jealousy and stupidity.

I knew LP beat a woman and I know all about Scott and Stanford and I know all the timelines after, but I guess I never heard of that intersection of timelines. Pretty messed up situation. Probably not the smartest or most tactful thing for Scott to do but like that but woah chill LP.  I guess that's what I get for being a kid during all of it.

What's this "County Scholarships" thing? I'm learning so much today. If only I could learn who our next coach will be.