** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, mnhusker said:

Seeing at this is the Scott Frost Mega Thread,  I figure that  as Scott is now the Fan Pick Head Coach. I would liked to have heard more from him about the game this week about Penn State and what his plan would be.  I hope to  be hearing more detail from him soon.

Slow your roll there, my friend.  We have another whole round to get through before we determine if Scott Frost is the Fan's Head Coach.

• Plus1 1

24 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

So, I'm not a social media guru.  This thread is entertaining, and occasionally informative and ALMOST as good as the sock puppet thread a few years back.  I can't stand to go read the snooty stuff on Huskermax, so what other sites would be good to visit (without needing to pay) to get other info.  Or is this board, with Jessica0 all I really need?

This thread has everything you need. If we can get @FrantzHardySwag to translate rumors into sock-speak it would be perfect. He does a suspiciously good impression of the sock.

53 minutes ago, jauken said:

This of course is just a guess.  But doesn’t Frost have 3 Nebraska guys already on his staff?   It would be very hard in my opinion to believe that if given the option to come back to Nebraska that he wouldn’t do it.  1. More money. 2. More money for his assistants and 3.  He and 3 of his coaches could come home to Nebraska.  Plus Rittenburg is showing that Nebraska will push hard and make him an offer he just might can’t refuse. I don’t agree with Damon Benning for many reasons.  1. I don’t believe the job will be open the next time he might want it.  2.  I personally think Damon holds a grudge internally that Frosts involvement with LP gf and what happened led him down the path to LP demise.  Just a theory on why he is dismissing Frost.  

Hol up, what? I'm young so I don't know much about this.

15 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

This thread has everything you need. If we can get @FrantzHardySwag to translate rumors into sock-speak it would be perfect. He does a suspiciously good impression of the sock.

Sources be whispering too soft for the Swag to hear. Antler Man must be playing this one close to the pelt. The Swag ain't got no idea if the Nebraska Knight will return to his kingdom. 

• Plus1 7
58 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Think realistically about this. 

Who's involved in decision to fire Mike Riley, and if he's fired, to replace him?

How big is that room?

And what kind of dollar figures are we talking about in that process - how many millions?

Then ask yourself - what kind of person is admitted into that room, where millions of dollars are at stake?  People who keep their mouth shut or people who talk a lot?

When you arrive at the latter choice, ask yourself how Adam Rittenberg, who hasn't set foot in Lincoln in weeks and who does not have the confidence of anyone in that room, get information on what decisions are being made in that room? 

And when you realize he doesn't have that confidence and they won't tell him anything, and nor will any agent/agent's staff, or any coach, or their families, or anyone involved, ask yourself where Rittenberg is getting that information?  Or random posters on an RSS? 

tl;dr - nobody knows what's going on - not RSS posters, not local or national media types, nobody.  Anyone who does isn't talking, because talking means termination.

Excellent points. Add this to the fact that Rittenberg get paid for "clicks" and you have the perfect storm where this guy gets rewarded by the red-clad masses for pure speculation.

Edited by Kernel Red