** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

13 minutes ago, Huskerzoo said:

To build on this, these are people who probably would not be happy if the information is leaked. Lets say you had your opportunity at a dream hire/dream coach, but the barrier to get it done was that you had to not talk about it for a month. Would you be able to do it? 

I imagine when there is legacy and millions of dollars on the line, folks are able to shut up about it. These aren't obsessed fanboys dropping memes in threads. They don't feel obligated to keep the fans informed. They are people who worked extremely hard to reach where they are in their careers and they're not going to jeopardize that because they're excited. 

It is easier to keep things quiet when you are involved. It is when you get people that share stuff in public for ego reasons. Do I believe any of this Peterson talk? Not for a single second. IMO it is simply rehashing what people already know - his complaints about TV times.

My favorite rumor of all of the past few weeks is Scott Frost staying at UCF so he can get them to the Big 12. SMH. I know how conference expansion works at a level much deeper than your average for for reasons I don't care to get into, but that always cracks me up. The only reason why he would stay at UCF is if he doesn't have the desire to compete for it all at the highest level and his former boss at Oregon literally said on the radio (I posted it in this thread) that doesn't see him staying at UCF since is a competitor that will want to compete for it all. But all of those insiders on RSS and all of those insiders leaking info 50 times a day with all of that info that fails logic the majority of the time. 

Just now, tyrone_biggums said:

I knew LP beat a woman and I know all about Scott and Stanford and I know all the timelines after, but I guess I never heard of that intersection of timelines. Pretty messed up situation. Probably not the smartest or most tactful thing for Scott to do but like that but woah chill LP.  I guess that's what I get for being a kid during all of it.

What's this "County Scholarships" thing? I'm learning so much today. If only I could learn who our next coach will be.

To the bold... why?   Ms. McEwen is an adult and can date whomever she chooses.  If she chooses to break up with one guy and date another, that's her business.  Frost is also free to date whomever he chooses, and Phillips has no claim over a girl who breaks up with him.  That's a very old-fashioned concept. 

County Scholarships are a lie perpetuated by our old "friends" in the Big 8, mostly Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, Colorado - the have-nots of the old Big 8.  They alleged that Nebraska wa able to build a good team that beat their ass all the time, in part, because we were giving walk-ons money under the table.  They alleged these were called "County Scholarships" and everyone from boosters to Tom Osborne to (apparently?) locals in the counties the walk-ons grew up in were all in on this vast conspiracy. 

I mean, how else could Nebraska beat them all the time?  It's not like those teams sucked or anything...

• Plus1 1

There is no way on earth that Scott Frost isn't a major target or not even #1 when not just the AD, but also the school President has publicly talked about Scott Frost. So this writer goes to Orlando and basically recaps everything that was already known and puts it all into one article and the Benning uses it for his talking points (he has made it clear how he wants this to go for much longer than a month) and then we suddenly have a thousand insiders posting about him staying at UCF. 

My personal favorite rumor over the last 24 hours is a guy on a Nebraska board that once said a few weeks ago that Riley was staying until 2019 (claimed to have had a 2 hour long conversation about it with a person of influence) and now he posts about his insider having a connection (literally) inside the athletic department of UCF and Scott Frost never becoming the head coach at all and for a long time. SMH. My goodness the lengths people go to. 

23 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Just an example of how Nebraska fans hold a grudge.  Not only was the TE out of bounds, the receiver who "caught" the game-winning TD pass didn't actually catch it. 

yes - rub it in.  But it is sooooooooooooo true

I think we all can live about a dozen plays that kept us from a NC.  When you were that good - it often was just that one #@&* play.

56 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Adam said he got the info from his contacts at UCF. People can chose to ignore Adam if they want to, but that also doesn't make Adam's info wrong. 

It's not a matter of ignoring or not ignoring. It is whether or not people are viewing what he (or any other paid media member) says in the proper context. Adam's "information" was ultimately shared on a site that gets paid by advertisers for the number of clicks they get. Anyone dishing information on Nebraska, Florida, or Tennessee (accurate or not) right now has a huge audience that is frothing at the mouth for table scraps. It should therefore be weighed in that context.

When Damon Benning takes to Twitter to indicate that Frost might stay at UCF, does anyone wonder whether he is saying that to get more people to tune in to his radio show? You should.

We're living in the middle of a situation where information is being consumed and repeated, many times with embellishment, at a dizzying pace. People, in general, aren't good at practicing patience. Husker fans are among the very worst right now because they are passionate (and desperate). It's fun to read the comments and speculate about what is happening behind the scenes, but putting too much weight behind any comment or piece of insider information right now comes with the risk of disappointment. I am relatively certain that most people reading a message board like this understand that. Having said that, it's also kind of fun to play the guessing game (as evidenced by the 130 pages of comments in this thread).

God bless Bill Moos...

Moose lips.jpg

Just now, knapplc said:

To the bold... why?   Ms. McEwen is an adult and can date whomever she chooses.  If she chooses to break up with one guy and date another, that's her business.  Frost is also free to date whomever he chooses, and Phillips has no claim over a girl who breaks up with him.  That's a very old-fashioned concept. 

County Scholarships are a lie perpetuated by our old "friends" in the Big 8, mostly Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, Colorado - the have-nots of the old Big 8.  They alleged that Nebraska wa able to build a good team that beat their ass all the time, in part, because we were giving walk-ons money under the table.  They alleged these were called "County Scholarships" and everyone from boosters to Tom Osborne to (apparently?) locals in the counties the walk-ons grew up in were all in on this vast conspiracy. 

I mean, how else could Nebraska beat them all the time?  It's not like those teams sucked or anything...

I agree 100%. Just because you can and are able to do something doesn't mean it is smart or tactful or that you should. If you're the new guy and hoping to be the leader of the team, would you really get romantically involved with the star running back's ex? Maybe talk to LP first since he is your teammate? I'd do the same if I wanted to be romantically involved with one of my friends ex.

4 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

My personal favorite rumor over the last 24 hours is a guy on a Nebraska board that once said a few weeks ago that Riley was staying until 2019 (claimed to have had a 2 hour long conversation about it with a person of influence) and now he posts about his insider having a connection (literally) inside the athletic department of UCF and Scott Frost never becoming the head coach at all and for a long time. SMH. My goodness the lengths people go to. 

My favorite rumor is the one started by a poster who doesn't even realize who she's replying to, in the thread with that poster's name on the title. My goodness the lengths people go to.

Edited by brophog
  • Plus1 3
Just now, tyrone_biggums said:

I agree 100%. Just because you can and are able to do something doesn't mean it is smart or tactful or that you should. If you're the new guy and hoping to be the leader of the team, would you really get romantically involved with the star running back's ex? Maybe talk to LP first since he is your teammate? I'd do the same if I wanted to be romantically involved with one of my friends ex.

We can agree to disagree about that. I know there's locker-room etiquette involved, but as we're seeing in society today, not all of those locker-room codes bear perpetuating. 

It is exactly that locker-room etiquette that perpetuates a dislike about Frost today, and is germane to your question that started this whole sidebar. 

20 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

My personal favorite rumor over the last 24 hours is a guy on a Nebraska board that once said a few weeks ago that Riley was staying until 2019 (claimed to have had a 2 hour long conversation about it with a person of influence) and now he posts about his insider having a connection (literally) inside the athletic department of UCF and Scott Frost never becoming the head coach at all and for a long time. SMH. 

26 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

My favorite rumor of all of the past few weeks is Scott Frost staying at UCF so he can get them to the Big 12. SMH.

abbcaa9ddfe856683cda20e6ee5757bb3783c01a

Jessica is just distributing information on a thread which is full of rumors, memes and unfounded gossip. I’ve poked fun at some of her posts as well, but in jest. I don’t get the hate being thrown her way. She’s doing the same thing sock did three years ago and he was hailed as a legend.  These threads can be fun just for the goofiness they contain. It’s a way for a demoralized fan base to have some fun and hope for the future. 

• Plus1 9