** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

31 minutes ago, olddominionhusker said:

With all due respect, In his position even if he hates Frost he’s not going to come out and say it and alienate the 90% of the fan base that is clamoring for the guy and represent his listeners no?

So we automatically don't take him for his word, even though we have nothing to point to the contrary? 

16 minutes ago, irafreak said:

Well a former colleague of mine whom I trust said he was offered a scholarship at Nebraska. TO talked to him in person even to recruit him to kick. The guy looked like a linebacker in those days, you never would've gused he was a kicker. But at a luncheon with other players, a gentleman went around and explained to the players that there wold be "red coats" that would visit them from time to time. They were to take the envelope handed to them by the red coat and open it later. He ended up not going to Lincoln because his goal was med school. Maybe he made it all up. But I would be stunned if he did. I'd trust his word over just about anyone's.

Are you sure they were "red" coats?  that seems odd......

17 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

I think there are quite a few similarities between Petersen and Frost to be honest.  Both seem quite unflappable.  My main reason is in my opinion you want as close to a known quantity as possible when you pick your HC.  Petersen has already gone through the rigors of the undefeated seasons, he's unfortunately already had to deal with children having serious health issues.  I do agree that the call from your alma mater and home state university is a powerful one.  I want to be clear that I would be very happy with Frost if Nebraska were to hire him.  The question I ask myself when comparing the two is, "Do I think the Nebraska job is possibly too big for them?"  I have zero doubt that Petersen could handle it, I have small doubts on Frost only because he hasn't had to go through it yet.

I hear ya. Washington and Boise aren't Nebraska, though. The expectation level would be a big jump for both coaches.

Just now, Cdog923 said:

So we automatically don't take him for his word, even though we have nothing to point to the contrary? 

That’s up to each individual listener isn’t it?  I’m just saying that IF he does happen to hold some grudge against SF, it’s highly unlikely in his current capacity that he would admit that. He gave the only reasonable answer in the situation

57 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Here is why this is comical; these are quotes from you in this thread, citing or linking info from message board posters.

"FWIW....

http://www.gatorchatter.com/threads/source-chip-kelly-to-be-announced-on-friday.17934/

Yeah...but the most trusted Nebraska poster that I know posted that he has confirmed that there is in fact two way communication between UNL and Frost/Agent."

"The poster that I am talking about attends the meetings with the big wigs and he said it is true about the two way communication. He doesn't have any confirmation that Scott Frost is coming through and I wouldn't expect him to say otherwise without confirmation of it."

"He is the guy where I am getting the DB, DL and WR coaches potentially retained. 

No s surprise, but a connected poster on another Nebraska stated  this "He’s at the top of the list and from what I’ve heard it’s a full court press for him. That said there are others on Moos’ short list and quality people available or who will come available." his full post was longer, but that is the imporant part."

"JAV (just a vol) on 247, the most reliable insider for TN on that forum, is saying Chip Kelly to Florida may not happen. Frost to UF isn't going to happen."

"On the free board for RSS people say Scott Frost wants a 7 year deal. 

The Florida Rivals insider is saying the contract with Chip is close to getting signed."

"Pm me for a screen shot of the post or go to GatorChatter or gator country.

Folks at GatorCountry have basically written off Scott Frost to Nebraska this afternoon."

"That Florida insider that leaked the McElwain firing on that Friday afternoon/evening said he is hearing Chip Kelly and UF took another push at Scott Frost. He posts reliable info and it makes sense."

"I'm sure if UF is going to be hiring Chip Kelly that it will be this week. Maybe by the middle of the week?

The Florida insider said they tried to get him wrapped up. He was the only guy they were going after. A clear #1 target. Scott Frost wasn't budging. They decided on Wednesday to move on From Scott Frost. They said he wants the Nebraska job. They spoke with Chip Kelly to gather information about Scott Frost during this process. Chip and Florida established mutual interest and they offered him the job (verbally) this week and he accepted. Now starts the process of doing the contract negotiations, lawyer review, etc. 

$5.2M offer to Coach Frost according to a post on a Nebraska forum. Others will be able to see it to know if that poster is reliable or not."

"Two Florida sites are saying it is Chip.  He reached out to Florida according to what they are saying. Frost is holding out for Nebraska. Likely to be annouced next week."

So it's fine as long as it fits your opinion/rumor..... But if it doesn't, it's just some random poster and discarded.

However the national media is always right, as long as it fits your opiniom/rumor. But when it doesn't: 

"There is a reason why they are coming. The national media has been clueess the whole time."

Another quote by you. 

PS: I think Frost will end up at Nebraska and Chip at UF. But can't wait for Jessica to act like she/he "called it".

It's offensive when you call my gf a Heshee.

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, olddominionhusker said:

That’s up to each individual listener isn’t it?  I’m just saying that IF he does happen to hold some grudge against SF, it’s highly unlikely in his current capacity that he would admit that. He gave the only reasonable answer in the situation

It is, but where is the evidence that would lead to one drawing that conclusion? 

I'll save everyone a lot of time in hashing through this. It is obvious Scott Frost is our # 1 and we will offer him a lot of money to come here. Situations such as this are safe to predict. When you are right you look credible for the next story. If something melts down it is due to a last minute change of mind and no one can discredit that position. 

I'm skeptical of all this "inside" information. Not because it may not be true but it is not based on actual information.