Do not watch if you have a soft stomach.

Cdog923

12 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Agree that Gates is playing out of position.  At this point in the season, Cav and Riley are left to playing musical chairs on the o-line because they can't identify and develop the best linemen.

Cav has no idea what he's doing. Jaimes and Decker only playing due to injury proves this. 

• Plus1 2

37 minutes ago, brophog said:

The TE isn't the biggest issue on any of these, though it is an issue. It's the stunts confusing the blocking scheme that is the larger problem. It was the same on the play in the other offensive line thread from this game. Purdue did this all game long.

This I do agree with, Purdue had a good plan and did some very good things defensively to confuse the offensive line.  You have to give them some credit.  Purdue has played pretty solidly on defense this year.  They have really improved.   With that said things need to get fixed.  

1 hour ago, brophog said:

The TE isn't the biggest issue on any of these, though it is an issue. It's the stunts confusing the blocking scheme that is the larger problem. It was the same on the play in the other offensive line thread from this game. Purdue did this all game long.

What stunts are you talking about?  The Purdue defenders basically ran straight ahead past our blockers.

And....I understand the TE isn't the biggest issue....but, he is a big one.

2 hours ago, NUinID said:

This I do agree with, Purdue had a good plan and did some very good things defensively to confuse the offensive line.  You have to give them some credit.  Purdue has played pretty solidly on defense this year.  They have really improved.   With that said things need to get fixed.  

EVERYBODY has a good plan how to confuse the line. Is there anyone that still wonders why TA took off running the second the ball was snapped?? Without Decker we will be lucky to win another game. My theory is the center is not making the correct call on the line/ very poor coaching.

Probably should have said weak stomach, as there are probably alot of "soft" stomachs behind the keyboards!

Edited by I.M. OLD
24 minutes ago, Rike Miley said:

florida-players-block-each-other-during-

Hoppes and Jaimes

You see...why the hell can't we have 'Dorf add something like this to the playbook? The *only* boundary running play we seem to have in our unicorn-sticker-and-glitter-covered playbook is a jet sweep...which takes a while to develop and if it's your only boundary play, you really aren't fooling anyone. 

49 minutes ago, Cy the Cyclone said:

Would be nice if Lee would step up in the pocket once in a while though...might alleviate a couple of the problems.

That's a work-in-progress. Maybe he'll do that next season? :dunno

Edited by VectorVictor

Thanks guys for doing this.  This for me is a teaching/learning moment.  Not a football player since high school and that was at TeeJay.   Do I need to say more?   I would and I think a lot on this board would appreciate seeing your break downs and information for the laymen in the group.

Again thank you.  So much better to see what happens than listen to what you guys say is happening.