***Official Northwestern Game Discussion Thread***

Mavric

2 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

I don't think we have the worst QB in the West, that might go to Thorsen.  But he did lead his team to a win.  Bad coaching on both sidelines.

I don't think that we outplayed them at all.  I think Thorsen kept us in the game and we did not take advantage of all his mistakes.   

Well at least he can run.

I don't know.  I dont want to make a rash decision, such as letting him go just yet.  I would like about seven more years to decide.  It has only been like 36 games he has coached here which really isn't enough to judge.  Besides he is such a nice guy I really want it to work for him!  

Lets face it, you don't really need a running game in football these days, you need a guy who really commits to passing about 55 to 70 times a game.  

Also, it is an unreal expectation to think NU can win championships in this day and age.  It is too hard to get the five star guys to Lincoln.  And the local boys are unimportant.  We should lower our expectations, and just have fun with all these close games! 

2 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

What irks me the most is the careless attitude of our coach versus the fire in the eyes of coach Fitz. We have a pathetic loser leading us. If Moos has any stones, he would fire this miserable gum chewing loser before midnight.

AMEN. There's no fire. I wonder if it's cooled off from all the trips they've made to have ice cream after all our loses this year...

There could very well be something going on behind the scenes between the staff that the public doesn't know about. Riley doesn't teach tackling, Riley isn't the one teaching position fundamentals, Riley isn't designing their diet. Sure, he hired the guys who do, but out of everyone they show on the sidelines, Riley is actually the one with the most WTF attitude. He's always by himself. Is he getting along with his staff? He's going to be the one taking the fall for them. 

Just now, gorp512 said:

There could very well be something going on behind the scenes between the staff that the public doesn't know about. Riley doesn't teach tackling, Riley isn't the one teaching position fundamentals, Riley isn't designing their diet. Sure, he hired the guys who do, but out of everyone they show on the sidelines, Riley is actually the one with the most WTF attitude. He's always by himself. Is he getting along with his staff? He's going to be the one taking the fall for them. 

Taking the fall for them? They're his staff. He's 65. Unless the dude has some sort of severe gambling problem, he's not taking any sort of fall. He's ending his career on the same note that he carried through most of it.

It's not like losing football games is something new to him. I'm sure he'll be alright.

• Plus1 1