*** 2017 Game 10 "Expert" Picks: Nebraska at Minnesota ***

Saunders

Who wins Nebraska at Minnesota (-2.5)?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins Nebraska at Minnesota (-2.5)?

• Minnesota wins by 2+ Scores
    • Minnesota wins by 3-7
    • Minneosta wins, doesn't cover (1-2)
    • Nebraska wins by 1 score
    • Nebraska wins by 2+ scores

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/11/2017 at 05:00 PM

1 hour ago, brophog said:

We are talking a team that in 2 of its last 3 games has 5 pass completions. They haven't completed over 50% in a game since conference play began, and they have only two conference games (Purdue/Illinois) in which they're averaging over 3.3 yards per rush. In 3 of the last 4 games, Minnesota hasn't hit 300 offensive yards, and their high since conference play began is 339 (Illinois).

This.  The Minnesota offense is trash.  They are 119th (out of 130) in yards/play.  For reference, Nebraska is 73rd and averages almost a full yard/play more than Minnesota.

With that said, I fully expect Croft to complete 65% of his passes and Minnesota to throw and rush for 200 yards each against Banker's Diaco's vaunted bend but don't break scheme.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

This.  The Minnesota offense is trash.  They are 119th (out of 130) in yards/play.  For reference, Nebraska is 73rd and averages almost a full yard/play more than Minnesota.

With that said, I fully expect Croft to complete 65% of his passes and Minnesota to throw and rush for 200 yards each against Banker's Diaco's vaunted bend but don't break scheme.

Ha...This cracked me up.  I was thinking the same exact thing.

7 minutes ago, Red Five said:

For all the problems we've had, defensively, the opposing bad offenses have still been pretty bad against Nebraska. The problem is we occasionally play an offense that isn't super terrible, and we don't hold them to anything at all.

I haven't studied Minny's record, assuming they have beaten the same teams we have beaten or caliber of teams at least.  I would say that since we have very little to play for at this point, ...............17-15 Minny.  Michigan has an awful Offense, but there D is legit and is really good.  I find it funny that our wins (Illinois, Purdue, Rutgers, and Arky ST)seem to have people that think we are above losing to Minny.  Again, look at who we have beaten......................Yeah, thats what I thought!

Ok, Our losses are to Northwestern, Wisky, Ohio St, Oregon and NIU.  Again, look at those teams, and I will guess that Wisky is the best team we have played, and Oregon game now looks even worse than it did.  They are virtually us.  Sorry folks, the team we are is the team we are.  We beat a Purdue team that in my opinion stopped doing the things that got them the lead and we squeaked that out, otherwise were a 3 win team.  I think this game is going to tell us even more about our program.  I think we should win the game, but I think we get outcoached by PJ and its the same song and dance once again, for one more week.  They suck, I mean they are worse on Offense than anyone we have played, but will it matter?  Can our Defense do anything to prove they are a bad offense?   Can our defense make them one dimensional?  So far, we really haven't stopped anyone all season long?  Other teams have stopped themselves, and we did benefit from some of those.  

17-15.  Minny wins because we can't pass the ball(weather) and we can't run it to begin with.  Its a field Goal fest for us, and they get some breaks.  Yes, Sir, 17-15, Whataball game!

At this point, I feel like Riley has lost the team and his coaches. Being Mr. Nice guy comes at a price. I feel that neither his players nor his coaches respect him or his leadership. You can tell from the way the players come out of the tunnel and start any game flat. I really do not think he can inspire his guys to win and he knows that. He is going through the motions and already started planning his retirement. All we are doing at this point is delaying the inevitable. Based on the lackluster performance of the team last week, I predict that we lose a close game at Minnesota. Our guys know that they can’t beat Penn State and Iowa. It is very sad to have come to this but unfortunately that is the consequence of hiring and average coach and expecting him to win championships.

Minnesota 21, Huskers 17

I'm gonna throw it all on Lee as the difference maker. Goldie's gopher hole is going to be about 40° with a light wind, sounds pretty much what the Purdue game was like. Lee had his best night throwing. He'll see a better secondary today but maybe, just maybe we'll have something of a running game. It'll be the battle of butterflies on the other side of the ball, their offensive numbers are terrible (http://stats.ncaa.org/teams/113585).

Riley runs up the score 31-16 and keeps the bowl dream alive.