The Democrat Utopia

1 hour ago, nic said:

Isn't there antisemitism coming from everywhere, including the black community? A lot of the attacks on Asians were also from  blacks, but suppose that is because Trump called it the China Virus.  Jews seem to get blamed for everything by everyone. I would suggest that Talib and Omar are antisemitic. Neither of us know them personally so I won't say it with certainty, but I would place the bet.

The leaders of BLM certainly made some money. They didn't end up looking great. The followers were at least authentic. A Denver policemen showed me phone videos of the protests they were not peaceful. I was told the after dark looters were a combination of gangs, Antifa and white supremist groups...which is an odd combination.

Race War? Sounds like conspiracy theories. The rhetoric these days might cause a self fulfilling prophecy, I guess. Going around accusing folks (strangers if you will) of being awful people for whatever reason probably isn't going solicit a positive response. If you're right though, I guess that doesn't matter. Drop the gloves and go at it.

The "Everyone's Racist" and "All Lives Matter" arguments don't really offset the problem, popular though they are. 

As for Race War conspiracy theories, yeah, that's what it is at the moment, and as mentioned it's embraced by an extreme right that makes no apologies for their vision of America. But these extremists truly believe they finally had one of their own in the White House in Donald Trump, and currently scattered throughout state and federal legislatures that are actively undermining basic civil rights. This wasn't the case during previous Republican administrations. Extremism has definitely grown through a culture of enablers, and I'd be careful declaring an equivalency to the divisiveness. 

https://www.aljazeera.com/opinions/2022/5/31/the-civil-war-that-is-here-and-the-one-that-may-yet-come

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 1

On 9/7/2023 at 4:55 PM, Lorewarn said:

In such a hypothetical world where you could prove this to win or lose a bet, you'd lose it. Being critical of the state of Israel != being anti semitic.

First of all a big 'lol' towards your increasingly wacky anecdotal stories that you seem to lean on heavily for your perception of the world. Second, what does 'they were not peaceful' mean? 100% of the people there weren't peaceful? 1% of the people there weren't peaceful? The leaders weren't peaceful? Random unidentified people on the streets who may or may not have anything to do with the protest weren't peaceful?

Well I wasn't part the protest so there is that, but somethings tells me it wouldn't help if I was there and came away with the same opinion. Not sure why talking about it with my neighbor who is a cop is whacky. Maybe you need to get out more, and meet different people. ;) 

• Haha 1
  • TBH 2
On 9/7/2023 at 6:36 PM, Guy Chamberlin said:

The "Everyone's Racist" and "All Lives Matter" arguments don't really offset the problem, popular though they are. 

As for Race War conspiracy theories, yeah, that's what it is at the moment, and as mentioned it's embraced by an extreme right that makes no apologies for their vision of America. But these extremists truly believe they finally had one of their own in the White House in Donald Trump, and currently scattered throughout state and federal legislatures that are actively undermining basic civil rights. This wasn't the case during previous Republican administrations. Extremism has definitely grown through a culture of enablers, and I'd be careful declaring an equivalency to the divisiveness. 

https://www.aljazeera.com/opinions/2022/5/31/the-civil-war-that-is-here-and-the-one-that-may-yet-come

There are certainly some whackos in congress I would like to get rid of, but I am not in their districts. MTG really has no business being there. She is just an agitator. There is obviously evidence Trump believed some of these conspiracy theories surrounding Jan 6th and his reinstatement as President. Those conspiracies came from extremists. I think he seeks and accepts adoration from any source. It doesn't matter to him where the support comes from, which is scary. This is anecdotal :ahhhhhhhh but I know many smart and good people that think he is the savior despite having many faults. These are the same people that end up at the bottom of pyramid schemes. :)

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
17 minutes ago, nic said:

There are certainly some whackos in congress I would like to get rid of, but I am not in their districts. MTG really has no business being there. She is just an agitator. There is obviously evidence Trump believed some of these conspiracy theories surrounding Jan 6th and his reinstatement as President. Those conspiracies came from extremists. I think he seeks and accepts adoration from any source. It doesn't matter to him where the support comes from, which is scary. This is anecdotal :ahhhhhhhh but I know many smart and good people that think he is the savior despite having many faults. These are the same people that end up at the bottom of pyramid schemes. :)

Ummm….Trump created the conspiracy theories. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1